• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pop on this brand for me.velvet dinner jacket.anybody know the maker ?

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit a few stores today with my BFF today.

Gustin x 2 - M TL (tall?) - available.

Old as **** sweater. Anyone know the label? Haven't done any research yet.

Vintage Reebok MIUSA Tank top

Tiny (34) APC Trench

Rayon shirt for me

I feel like this brand will be the next big thing thanks to the Gosha collab.

And I was way stoked to come across this.

Seemingly unworn/washed. Boys XL

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Zegna's customer service gets an A on prompt response time but they get a solid F for outcome. I found a nice Zegna sport coat a while back with unfinished sleeves. Sent them a message to see if I'd be able to buy sleeve buttons that matched the buttons I did have (keep in mind these aren't gold-plated or anything. Standard tort-style. Just got this response:

"I was contacted from Zegna online regarding a full set of buttons i do have them and the cost of them is $80. plus a $20 dollars for ground shipping. If you have any questions you can contact me at ...

Thank you "

Wow, that sucks. I had pretty much the opposite experience - stellar customer service and follow-up.
Thought I had posted about it here, but searching the thread several ways I can't find it...long story shortened: after ~ 20 emails with a guy in Italy, and Zegna personnel having to go through training related to shipping items with batteries, they did send me a replacement control module for my Zegna Icon jacket. No charge for anything - the unit or shipping from Italy. Got it a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, re: blazer buttons, several times I've bought new matching front and sleeve buttons from a sewing / fabric store and paid to have them all sewn on. Either way you'd have to have all the sleeve buttons put on, so you're just swapping out an extra 2 or 3 front buttons - cheap and easy fix.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@leftofthedial
That is Sand Knit, I found a 1940's Sand Knit letterman cardigan a while back. Did really well on the bay. There are a few sites that have info on that particular company

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Branded authentic racing apparel is defo a thing. more so if vintage, and in a colorway that could easily fit in with casual street wear.
that Honda jacket was very special item. as it fits all the criteria for a race wear grail.

racewear from before things got cluttered with too many patches seem to work a lot better.

Did I do this right?

I'll be in Brooklyn this weekend. Sorry @SpooPoker
: Oyster Bay seems like an ocean away.  

Come on its an hour and a half tops!

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else regret label chasing as soon as you brought it home? I bought this hideous thing cause it was Zegna and 100% cashmere.

eThrift RLBL made in Italy Large

Salvatore Ferragamo

Allen Edmonds $35 eThrift tiny bit to tight for me (Fueco & Spoo *TWNMSE (Thats what no man said ever))

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else regret label chasing as soon as you brought it home?

Used to a lot, early on. But still do sometimes. Most recent was a farking Gant #grail sweatshirt. Paid up a bit for it since it was $175 new. Last one went on ebay for $20, NWT. Even if it was my size I'd probably never wear it. Stupid purchase on my part.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Used to a lot, early on.  But still do sometimes.  Most recent was a farking Gant #grail sweatshirt.  Paid up a bit for it since it was $175 new.  Last one went on ebay for $20, NWT. Even if it was my size I'd probably never wear it.  Stupid purchase on my part. 

change it to #fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads