• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First time I've gotten several messages saying "wuts the lowest u go," too.

I've noticed that the highest percentage of my non-paying bidders are the ones buying Nike sneakers (not the retro ones, the flashy ones). Going to start passing on these unless they are a huge home run.

Last edited:

TheODGuy

Reaction score

Hey all, looking for some sneakerhead advice.

Got my first message after some low-ball offers on these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302195537371?ul_noapp=true

[COLOR=231F20]"bro why you charging 225 for a fake pair of lebrons[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]
[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]1. The swoosh is not that dark shade[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]
[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]2. The white cut extends too far upwards[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]
[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]3. No box[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]
[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]4. air bubble should have thin supports not pillars[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]
[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]5. the tongue hella short[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]
[/COLOR][COLOR=231F20]this is just hilariously bad"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=231F20]These do not seem low quality even if they're fake. Besides I think all of the claims are maybe because I didn't get the right exposure or didn't have shoe trees that would lift up the tongue? Should I double check with Nike?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=231F20]I'll probably cross post the buying/selling advice thread, just thought that this one gets more eyes. Thanks in advance.[/COLOR]

100% Fake. First giveaway is the tag on tongue. I dread flipping nikes, but if you caught the right pair... big time score. But keep in mind - expect low ball offers and a ton of non-paying bidders. Keep in mind the folks that are into these shoes are young teens and barely any income - hence the headache of non-payers. Definitely different than CM customers with a largely disposable income.

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, lesson learned.

What do I do with a really good pair of Nike fakes...

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My APCs ripped straight down the leg seam in front of Ulta beauty the other day, causing great spectacle. I'm not so sure what quality construction means anymore...

Also: sellers: it's not NOS vintage polo 92 93 P Wing ski slope if I can clearly see the Ralph Lauren URL on the ******* tag :facepalm:

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL at fighting sellers of alternate vintage goods... It pisses me off when I see sellers blindly selling 2-3 year old Patagonia fleeces as being 90s vintage.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL at fighting sellers of alternate vintage goods... It pisses me off when I see sellers blindly selling 2-3 year old Patagonia fleeces as being 90s vintage.
Apparently, we now have "alternative facts". Alternative Vintage is the next logical step in this brave new era.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm about 94% sure I've done that before
Still learning the outerwear tags

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is 90s more desirable?

I think rookie sellers are copying other listings and not actually doing their research.

It's especially sad with Patagonia because they've been putting season/year codes on most of their products since 1988.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apparently, we now have "alternative facts". Alternative Vintage is the next logical step in this brave new era.

My next listing
Alternative Brioni Stafford 100% alternative vicuna polyester new with alternative no tags

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather people mislist their athletic wear than deny global warming and human rights though. Just to be clear on my thumbs.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I need now is a shotgun and a hunting dog!
I checked and found about fifteen holders for 12 gauge shells and two big lined compartments for game birds, this thing is awesome.
Despite all the storage it's actually a trim-fitting XL. I'm torn between keeping it for huntin' and fishin' or letting it go to a SF bro who is into those things already. Or shooting clay pigeons - the other right skeet. HMU if interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads