• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ironically enough I am wearing not the matching pants, but made from the same denim.

http://imgur.com/a/YqqeQ

Believe it or not, this is actually part of a suit. I passed on the matching trouserjeans earlier this year.
Did they cut the Selvege seam on the pants as well? I simply do not see how or why a company would design a garment in this fashion. I mean I'm sure they aren't lying but still I've never ever in my life seen this practice before....I mean why purchased Japanese made Selvege denim just to cut off the ID? Cut overhead and just use quality projectile developed denim.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Pretty interesting find here in the field, PRL Black cashmere 3 button blazer, 40R. Any ideas on age?

varietygoods

Reaction score
Just finished catching up on the thread content since I last popped in (August). Some of you guys may have noticed your old posts thumbed as I took it all in. You guys rock, not just with all the sick stuff you pull, but the community aspect is so solid, and there's a ton of humor that had me laughing my way through! So much good stuff.

I took a life-destroying work contract for a while and the thrifting hobby fell to the wayside, but now I've accepted a desk job with one of the companies from that contract and I've got plenty of time to thrift and surf the thread.

Funnily enough my job is just down the street from a set of thrift stores that keep showing up as the backdrop of impuntura's in-field updates. I've been over there after work a few times expecting to covertly see him but based on what's left of the place it's always evident he's already been and gone. @impuntura do you remember the manufacture date of those Brian Porter Su Misura's you found? I got one of his wardrobe donations too, from earlier in the year, so between us I think we can figure out how often he updates his wardrobe and donates the older stuff and perhaps when and where to expect it.

Thanks to fueco, double00, and 2ndhandman for recent in-field assists. Oh, and during that hellish work contract I found a trove of '80's japanese fashion and posted it here. Spoo, vexco, and eazye all PM'd with interest. Sorry I didn't get back to you guys, i really was incredibly busy those days. It ended up going to a boutique in NYC.

I hope to be a more active participant here going forward because this really is one of the coolest communities around. Okay, end of gushing. Back to business:

What's up with "Campanile" shoes? Are they a thing?

Is antelope desirable as an exotic leather in shoes?

Takai

Reaction score
Did they cut the Selvege seam on the pants as well? I simply do not see how or why a company would design a garment in this fashion. I mean I'm sure they aren't lying but still I've never ever in my life seen this practice before....I mean why purchased Japanese made Selvege denim just to cut off the ID? Cut overhead and just use quality projectile developed denim.
Yep. No selvedge ID on the matching pants, except on the watch pocket.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now all you need is the hat to match.
Yep, and some weed, a bottle of Private Stock, and a Rappin Duke Cassette tape...

"Smoking Weed and Bamboo, Sippin on Private Stock/ Way back when I used to rock the Red & Black Lumbajack, With the Had to Match/ Listenin' to Rappin Duke ah ah"

Let us not forget the 8 bars of genius

"Never thought it could happen, this rappin stuff/ I was too used to packin Gats and Stuff/ Now honeys play me close like butter play toast/ From the Mississippi to the East Coast/ Condos in Queens/ Indo for Weeks/ Sold out seats to here Biggie Smalls Speak/ Livin life without fear/ puttin 5 Karats in my baby girls ear/ Lunches, Brunches, Interviews by the Pool, considered a fool cuz I dropped outta high school"

Oh and above all else....They dropped a Million dollars for the 3 minute Hypnotize video

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I left this out of my first post cuz I definitely thought it was fake...it's not, so here....

Perfect follow post

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties:
1 Kiton
2 RT Best of Class
Left 2 super dusty Charvet

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who lives in a flyover state from LAX-JFK, watch out for 300 NWT suits over your heads.
You pillaging my territory now? Well time to bring it to the next level now, Game On.

WhyKay

Reaction score
Saw these on the rack and was thinking about how ugly they were. Then looked up how much they resell for.... I'm puzzled, but thankful I didn't leave them behind.

And my first Fucci find!!! At least I'm 99% sure it is Fucci..

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw these on the rack and was thinking about how ugly they were. Then looked up how much they resell for.... I'm puzzled, but thankful I didn't leave them behind.

And my first Fucci find!!! At least I'm 99% sure it is Fucci..
I'll see your 99% and raise you 1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads