• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the one we got (one on each side) in dark chocolate

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...hocolate-Basic-Closet-System-13861/205602414?

was a little apprehensive of the quality after reading some the reviews but am pretty satisfied with it. it also looks great. i guess we'll see how long it holds up but seems pretty sturdy to me. they have a prebuilt one in stores if you want to check it out. took my wife and i about 3-4 hours to assemble and put up each one. the only tricky part is having to cut the shelves on each side to fit your desired length on each side.

if you're ok not having the shelves or want to put in your own (the ones above the bars) you can get just the middle console with the clothes bars for $160 (or $118 for the narrow version). In retrospect I probably would've gone with the narrower center console (i think 16" vs 25"?) since i could use more hanging room vs storage in the middle part.

I think yours is the same brand we have. Ours came with the house, but it seems well enough made. There are way more shelves in the closet than we need.

kurn

Reaction score
Long time lurker. Was happy to find this today.

timber09

Reaction score
I would send a photo of ours however we are mid-painting project and it looks pretty awful at the moment.

I redid the closet in our bedroom with some Ikea shelves we had in our family room that were not being used. The bookcase is the Billy single tower seen here...
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30279784/
But they have a number of them that one could use.

We put the Billy shelf in the middle of our closet, laid a refinished piece of maple above it that runs the full width of the closet and then hung a bar across between the bookshelf and the wall on either side. It was really quite easy and didn't cost much at all.

leisurewear

Reaction score

I would send a photo of ours however we are mid-painting project and it looks pretty awful at the moment.

I redid the closet in our bedroom with some Ikea shelves we had in our family room that were not being used.  The bookcase is the Billy single tower seen here...
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30279784/
But they have a number of them that one could use.

We put the Billy shelf in the middle of our closet, laid a refinished piece of maple above it that runs the full width of the closet and then hung a bar across between the bookshelf and the wall on either side.  It was really quite easy and didn't cost much at all.

Yeah this is basically what it is. A bookcase with some shelves and clothes rods coming out of the sides haha. Definitely cheaper options out there than the pre designed set we bought

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone identify the firm that used this label? It's the sole marking in a gorgeous tweed; my suspicion is that it might be a Winston (Chipp) label, but I'm not sure.

Any help appreciated!

PS: It's on its side in the picture; it's a "W".

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen this label before, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me. Made in Japan sport coat-ish jacket.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, My wife just mentioned that she would like a cashmere scarf for Christmas. Do any of you fine folks have anything that we'd work, and that could get to South Carolina by Christmas?
What type of scarf? i.e. colorway or preferred pattern

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really open. Probably nothing wild print. More concerned that it's warm and cozy. She is ridiculously cold natured.

How big? I have a camel coloured one by Hilltop Brand that's super cozy. But it's not very long... It's not big enough to wrap around the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads