• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahh...I suspect it may be an orphan jacket then, as I kind of remember seeing two names on the tag, if I remember correctly.  I'll check again when I have a chance.  I keep thinking it said something like R..../Wayburn, or something?  I remember R and W.

Thanks for the info "leisurewear".

I went back to same store and the pants made it out to the floor too. Scooped them up. Yes!

TheODGuy

Reaction score
Some SW&D heat.... Pop on the EG. Unworn 3sixteen jeans. Can't find the model, however seems like it was from their original releases they put out years back. Lastly, thank goodness for having a Mildblend store here and the donor of the Rogue territory and Momotaro denim.

Coolest detail is the Shell Cordovan "Mildblend x Momotaro" patch.

Last edited:

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up two more mislabeled Black Fleece ties for $19 each shipped. I need to stop.

Hi, my name is Woofa and I am a Linda-holic. It has been three days since I purchased a poorly photographed, inaccurately descripted menswear item at a drastically reduced price for my own use or for sale to others. Unlike the rest of you here at this meeting, I do NOT have a problem!!! Now please leave me alone while I search through 4,350 items labeled as Ralph Lauren for the second time this week.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^ not L-Dog, but I certainly have done that. Many times. I'd like to think there's a bit of strategy at play when she mislabels stuff, but probably not.

Soselo

Reaction score
Checked the rest of my Linda order. Unlisted/un-photographed stains on two of three shirts in one lot and the NWT shirt had two tags, each from a different garment. Hope returns aren't a boondoggle with the "buy 4" sale.

SteelGuy

Reaction score
Checked the rest of my Linda order. Unlisted/un-photographed stains on two of three shirts in one lot and the NWT shirt had two tags, each from a different garment. Hope returns aren't a boondoggle with the "buy 4" sale.
Yep ... gotta watch them. I've seen photos cropped just so they miss the tear in a 'no noticable flaws" jacket, stains. Another time a NWOT item was obviously altered by a rank amateur. And worse, a skirt that clearly had a bogus designer label sewn on the waist (the hem was opened up, the tag was sewn in crooked, and the hem hacked sewn shut again). It seems that some disreputable donors are taking advantage of the other side of her minions inability to see, think, or post clearly.

Sometimes gold and sometimes junk.

Soselo

Reaction score
Yep ... gotta watch them. I've seen photos cropped just so they miss the tear in a 'no noticable flaws" jacket, stains. Another time a NWOT item was obviously altered by a rank amateur. And worse, a skirt that clearly had a bogus designer label sewn on the waist (the hem was opened up, the tag was sewn in crooked, and the hem hacked sewn shut again). It seems that some disreputable donors are taking advantage of the other side of her minions inability to see, think, or post clearly.

Sometimes gold and sometimes junk.
You're right about consignors trying to game them into listing for asking a higher price. One tag was for an item listed for $250 (and reduced to one cent at Nordstrom Rack) (in the wrong color), the other described it (a tropical weight cotton shirt) as "Mongolian Cashmere"
rolleyes.gif

edit: and a big Rockford Files fan over here

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rockford would never wear a turtle neck that's from something earlier .
Jimmy always went with the trusty houndstooth sc.

Soselo

Reaction score

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick question for the Outerwear Experts here:

what's a decent parka that i can buy, retail, that won't be prohibitively expensive yet still be decent quality

needs to be able to withstand a NYC winter

thanks guise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads