• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone recognize the tag?

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That tag was better than the site anyway haha. Zegna?

I just picked up a suit with that same tag. And it was made in Italy and has the zegna traveller cloth as shown. Confused me as it makes it seem like it's a different maker than Zegna proper. Insights?

And pop on first non-denim RRL thrifted, along with a few more vintage Pendleton to add to my collection. Sadly the lighter colored one has quite a few moth holes I didn't catch until after purchase.

Last edited:

varietygoods

Reaction score
On my way out of the city to visit a friend I hit a thrift shop I rarely go to. Left there with 20+ pairs of men's pants from the 1980's from Matsuda/Nicole, Yohji Yamamoto, Comme Des Garcons, and Issey Miyake. Crazy pleats all over, lots of weird materials, low crotches, etc. I'll take photos when I can. Is anyone an expert on the Japanese designers in the 1980's? It's really intriguing stuff.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Previous post: "I just picked up a suit with that same tag. And it was made in Italy and has the zegna traveller cloth as shown. Confused me as it makes it seem like it's a different maker than Zegna proper. Insights?"

Yes....as you can see the tag just identifies the cloth the suit was made from. Just like all the suits you see with Loro Piana tags, you have to look at the size/material tag to see where it was made, and perhaps by the looks of the tag who actually made the suit. There are many many different makers using the Zegna cloth to choose from but only one of them is ...ZEGNA!

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll post pics later of stuff but have you ever met a female flipper at your local store who's just a huge ****? This motherfucker literally grabbed items out of my hand when I was looking through the racks.

Odd... Why has she been allowed to behave in such a manner? If the crazy ***** tried that down here (with many of the flippers that I know), she will be on a soft foods diet for a while. We tolerate competition, but never rudeness or outright theft.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

those white guccis.... I had a pair once...my wife's cousin eddie gave them to me.... said he noticed me looking at the pair he had the last time we visited and got em for me as a gift.

I like this "eddie" guy. Send him over here so we can play darts, get wasted. And party around Tokyo. :slayer:

He can keep the shoes, thoughtful people are my kind of people.

I'll post pics later of stuff but have you ever met a female flipper at your local store who's just a huge ****? This motherfucker literally grabbed items out of my hand when I was looking through the racks. 

Pimp slap incoming. . . .

On my way out of the city to visit a friend I hit a thrift shop I rarely go to. Left there with 20+ pairs of men's pants from the 1980's from Matsuda/Nicole, Yohji Yamamoto, Comme Des Garcons, and Issey Miyake. Crazy pleats all over, lots of weird materials, low crotches, etc. I'll take photos when I can. Is anyone an expert on the Japanese designers in the 1980's? It's really intriguing stuff.

The Swag is real.

Hit up @easye. He digs it. I know a little. But not as much as you need

Last edited:

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
Early estate sale. Some teaser pics. Been looking for a blackwatch cashmere scarf so I was excited about that. Bergdorf vest is leather and cashmere lined. Can't complain when your total is 10 bucks.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure that @ATLjon is familiar with "red" - she's a real piece of work. You'll come across her sooner or later, @concealed, if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads