• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Not much time to thrift these days but one of my favorite stores was having a sidewalk sale that happened to be on a day off last week.
Suits were 3 for $25. Not pictured are a handful of Breur ties that were 4 for $2 and some Brooks Brothers slim fit Supima MIUSA shirts that were 3 for $5. Also not pictured is a killer Kilgour, Stanbury, French special order suit that is Savile quality that I will take pics of eventually.

suits,pants not pictured

my favorite I think, also a suit

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while. Picked up a new to me toy:

Came with a Porshe, BMW, and the prior owner tossed in a Dodge Charger as well. Now I've gotta find room to set up the 29 feet of track...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didnt thrift this but a friend did - thought it would be nice to preserve such an awesome find here though, especially after my B6 coat. I have no idea what its worth but I guess we will find out on Thursday. The tag is obscured in that pic but its a B6 helmet.

Last edited:

joshmick

Reaction score
so i know nothing about guitar amps, but remember someone posted an old fender (?) amp up a bit ago and it was a thing. so, just cleaned out storage locker of a moved out tenant in a building I manage. tenant moved out end of May, was payed up until end of July. emailed him about stuff he left behind in apartment and said throw it away, he took everything he wanted. have a new tenant moving in on 15th, finally got around to storage locker in basement. found this, and know nothing about it except it powers on, and there is one on the other site going for $350. anyone have info?

To echo double00, that is a low wattage amp and probably sounds amazing if it's in working order. I'd be willing the bet the original jenson alcino is worth more than the rest of the amp together.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Im gonna post the rest of the haul on the weekend because I dont think the thriftening is done yet.
But had to post this.in 15 years I have not found a single BC sport coat.yeah there have been shirts pants sweaters but never a SC.
Ive found everything from Atollini to Kiton Vicuna but this motherfucker always slipped my grasp.
So its only fitting the one i find is new,unstructured,wool/silk...and oh so lovely.

Double00 feel free to **** on it.

Nice. Just walked by the BC store last night, saw the price tags dripping off those coats, took a deep swig of my cocktail, kept walking...

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I've never found a gren tie, I'm ashamed to have to ask:

Just a textured silk weave and not gren, right?

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
I found these NOS shoes in my size, a swedish brand called Engelbrekt. Below they're pictured in some scans of a book from 1951, their 50th anniversary

More scans from the book on the blog where I've found them, some nice pics.
Link

The shoes were made in Örebro, the center of swedish shoe production back then. Here's a film from 1940 of another shoemaker in Örebro, starting at about 4 min you get to see how they make a shoe (in swedish).
Link

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that it happens all that often but finding stuff like this at a goodwill never ceases to amaze me.
I totally agree, you can't tell me someone would willingly donate these knowing what they are. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads