• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

However, if the store uses those clip type hangers and one clip is still desperately hanging onto the item as it dangles, that **** is getting sandwiched between the other items on the rack with a quickness.

100% this.

Last edited:

Doomsticks

Reaction score
Note to self: dont wear your favorite white suede common projects to dirty warehouse raves..

Oh and found a fantastic corneliani velvet peaklapel jacket today, fit me perfectly! And then I noticed several tears in the fabric. Fuckfuckfuck.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Note to self: dont wear your favorite white suede common projects to dirty warehouse raves..

Oh and found a fantastic corneliani velvet peaklapel jacket today, fit me perfectly! And then I noticed several tears in the fabric. Fuckfuckfuck.

just sprezz.... lolz

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup crew! I just got back from spending the week in the north woods of Wisconsin for some much needed R&R. Going through some serious thrifting withdrawal, hahaha. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

Lululemon diy shorts from Nataku
Vansxwtaps, e thrift

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It ebbs and flows. I've never been bothered by flip talk, as long as the core subject is the love of the game. I don't know of anyone here that wears Robert Graham, but we post anyways, and it's all good, because it funds the addiction. Love the killer audio gear, furniture and art posts too.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
It ebbs and flows. I've never been bothered by flip talk, as long as the core subject is the love of the game. I don't know of anyone here that wears Robert Graham, but we post anyways, and it's all good, because it funds the addiction. Love the killer audio gear, furniture and art posts too.

Yep knowledge is power in this game. Having a healthy knowledge of many different things in the thrift arena can turn a thrift trip from a 0 to salvageable.

We purchased a new home this winter, went from 1200 sq ft to 3500 sq ft. So we needed a ton of furniture. I got many of my nicest pieces at Salvation Army. Hancock and Moore leather chairs, Mitchell and Gold Leather chair, etc.

Its ok to focus just on high quality men's clothing but knowing a good bit about art, kitchen goods, furniture, audio equipment can really turn a waste of time into some $$$ or an amazing piece for your home.

I know over the last couple years we have built up about 12 pieces of Le Creuset for our kitchen at thrift prices.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was in the poker room at my local establishment Saturday night, I counted at least 4 RG shirts...I've located the market!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Was in the poker room at my local establishment Saturday night, I counted at least 4 RG shirts...I've located the market!

come to nashville. Every divorced professional making over 200K wears RG and bedazzled jeans to whatever bar is hot at the time. Out picking up 20 something girls to take out on their boat.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've spotted a number of RG's in the wild here too. Always untucked, always paired with uber distressed jeans and always finished off with those square toed loafers that curl upwards. Possibly made of some kind of reptile. The dude is usually tanned to a crisp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads