• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Look, I'm trying to get my thrift on here and it's Sunday. I don't want to pull the sheriff card here but if you guys are having an issue that you're considering legal action with, I'm going to have to tell you both to cool it right now. I don't want to temporarily lock the thread or start getting mod involvement but if this keeps up i will have to.

I get you're both pissed about something but take it to PM from this post forward, si vouz pleis.
Gotcha Spoo. You know I've never posted anything like that to the thread before, my... indignation got to me. Also, to be fair I feel as if someone holds your funds for weeks, and delivers nothing... that may be pertinent info for other thrift thread/SF'ers in general. From here on out PM it is baby! You know me, im not out to ruffle any feathers, nor mess up your thrift!

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Another day, another pair of sunglasses. This time Dior Homme Blacktie8s. I don't usually pick up glasses -- any reason think these aren't legit?

[\SPOILER]

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do anyone else not know what the **** is going on?

Member 1 made allegations of bad business practices against Member 2 and threatened legal action against same.
Member 2 claims that Member 1's comments constitute slander against self and business and threatens legal action as well.
***a few unintelligible rants***
Spoo shows ********.
Member 1 and Member 2 agree to play nice and take it to PM.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Member 1 made allegations of bad business practices against Member 2 and threatened legal action against same.
Member 2 claims that Member 1's comments constitute slander against self and business and threatens legal action as well.
***a few unintelligible rants***
Spoo shows ********.
Member 1 and Member 2 agree to play nice and take it to PM.

Pics or it didnt happen

jerms24k

Reaction score

Realizing I should have checked sold listings on early 80's Fender Squier Telecaster A-series before leaving it at the store.

I'm sure there are people here who know a lot more about guitars than I do, but my recommendation is to be really picky, especially on the lower-end of the spectrum, unless you really know guitars because if any work needs to be done on the guitar, it's gonna kill your profits. That includes fret wear, missing parts, neck bowing, etc, which are all fixable, but not always worth the money on low end instruments. Also, there's a ton of them available, so unless yours is super clean and priced well, it probably won't sell. In the mid-tier, there are specific types of necks and pickups and bridges that people look for that are much more desirable than others. I don't really buy and sell instruments though other than ones I buy to play, and I don't own anything special, but if anyone finds any vintage amps or guitars, especially the super rare ones, I do know some people who are always buying.

jumpman1231

Reaction score
So I found some winning lotto tickets..... Well spoo it's good to know that you didn't change even after winning the lotto
1f609.png

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realizing I should have checked sold listings on early 80's Fender Squier Telecaster A-series before leaving it at the store.

Hell, I don't know **** about guitars. I just look at dollar signs. If I can buy something for $50 and sell it for $250, I don't care if it's made by Fisher Price.
True that. Looked this one up, looked promising, even though it was only the case. Inquired, but no guitar to be found.

NWT Hertling pants... I picked these up because horizontally striped blue / white seersucker pants are just odd enough to appeal to me.

I think you can only wear horizontal stripes if you're as thin as a rail and want to look wider. Looking wider is not my issue.

Great haul, and story.

Meant to quote spoo, but you turned $37 into all that? Damn.

Not nearly as exciting, or cheap, but good Saturday.
This upside down oxx is super 150s and linen, great colors irl.

very recent HB

not recent, but great condition, color and texture.

also not recent, but made in italy and nice

This was one of the first things I flipped, listed on my phone, went to bed, woke up with $75 more than I had before. I was hooked.
Not the same one obv.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so not quite a three piece Savile Row Tweed, but two out of three ain't bad right? Plus it was $3.99 for the two together. I've got two other stores that I think the pants could possibly show up at, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads