• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mco543

Reaction score
The haul from today and some highlights from the last few weeks. Nothing available as of right now. Whatever I don't keep or isn't claimed by friends is going on That Site. .
Baller as **** glenplaid DB made in Italy from Napoleon of New York (any idea of the maker for this and the coat?). Looks like something Polo would've made 40 years ago

Old Polo Ralph Lauren black and tan houndstooth three piece

Zegna dual vented beige herringbone with white and blue windowpane

Old Burberry linen 3 button, dual vented jacket with patch pockets

Brown 3/2 patch pocket blazer made in Italy from Napoleon (any idea on maker?)

Luciano Barbera Collezione Satoriale gray stripe 2 button dual vent suit

Church's made in Italy Lemar penny loafer and Prada moc toe

Bruno Magli moc toe and the coolest Cole Haans of all times

Various shirts (Armani Collezione, Kenzo, Zegna x2, T&A x2)

Various ties

Last edited:

JFST

Reaction score

The haul from today and some highlights from the last few weeks. Nothing available as of right now. Whatever I don't keep or isn't claimed by friends is going on That Site. .
Baller as **** glenplaid DB made in Italy from Napoleon of New York (any idea of the maker for this and the coat?). Looks like something Polo would've made 40 years ago

Old Polo Ralph Lauren black and tan houndstooth three piece

Zegna dual vented beige herringbone with white and blue windowpane

Old Burberry linen 3 button, dual vented jacket with patch pockets

Brown 3/2 patch pocket blazer made in Italy from Napoleon (any idea on maker?)

Luciano Barbera Collezione Satoriale gray stripe 2 button dual vent suit

Church's made in Italy Lemar penny loafer and Prada moc toe

Bruno Magli moc toe and the coolest Cole Haans of all times

Various shirts (Armani Collezione, Kenzo, Zegna x2, T&A x2)

Various ties

The maker is Redaelli

freehand

Reaction score

Listed an e thrifted horsey and a pair of craigslist Louis Vuitton shoes from my personal collection. Total of $90 spent... Goal is to (hopeeeeeesully) turn that $90 into a pair of Alden shell boots

I've wondered about how workable it would be to have a Thrift Thread e-thrift competition on this kind of basis. Something like: we start with an agreed amount like $10 or local equivalent and over an agreed time (3 months, a year?) have to spin it into as much as possible, posting pics of the e-thrifts. Might be too complicated, and I'm not the man to organise such things, but at least I've put it out there.

For English thrifters, the concept is based on a classic episode of Lovejoy, though that involved antiques obviously. It's early and I'm on the internet talking about Lovejoy. This is weird.

rayxlui

Reaction score

I've been holed up studying lately. Before I bought the attolinis for Gmmcl I went 0/23 on stops, so I figure my time is better spent passing CAS exams.

Edit: after he picked them up I got the itch and hit a spot near the new post office and found a Lilly Pulitzer SC so it's not as bone dry as I thought.

How many of the exams have you taken?

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've wondered about how workable it would be to have a Thrift Thread e-thrift competition on this kind of basis. Something like: we start with an agreed amount like $10 or local equivalent and over an agreed time (3 months, a year?) have to spin it into as much as possible, posting pics of the e-thrifts. Might be too complicated, and I'm not the man to organise such things, but at least I've put it out there.

For English thrifters, the concept is based on a classic episode of Lovejoy, though that involved antiques obviously. It's early and I'm on the internet talking about Lovejoy. This is weird.

I like the idea. Maybe keep it to like 5 members at a time and donate the profits to charity or something?

eddiegreen

Reaction score

Albam MIE

Bape, found out the hard way it's the dog we're looking for, not the monkey.
+some wiminz gazelle og black snake sneakers, 1 eastpak and 1 herschel backpack, acne jeans, edwin jeans, fred perry chinos.
speaking of t shirts,

APC pour la plage.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woa! Major winage in that one! ^^

eddiegreen

Reaction score
haha every episode was a classic,
0.jpg

Opening credits could easily be mistaken for game of thrones.

ReubenR

Reaction score
Thanks for looking. Anyone else that my might have one id greatly appreciate it

I don't have a matching button but I do have two identical Brioni buttons with a polo player on them, they'd work to replace both front buttons if that'll work for you.

I'm sitting here giggling at the thought of someone walking around with a giant frowny face on the crotch, I just can't get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics