• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Nobleprofessor thank you sooooooo much! :slayer:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have to plug RAVE Fabricare. I e-thrifted a Canali Kei sport coat a few months back that had a soiled collar. Significantly brown and disgusting. I dropped it off at the best local dry cleaner and got it back in the same nasty condition. Desperate, I heard about RAVE from PTO and Dieworkwear so I sent it off to Phoenix. Just received it and the jacket is perfect. No indication it ever was as soiled as before I sent it off. Cleaning wasn't cheap but it was absolutely worth the money.

sashae

Reaction score

^^^

re the cucinelli chukkas, i had a chance to look at/try on a couple pairs of cucis a few weeks ago... i wasn't impressed with the build quality, very light and the leather actually seemed sort of cheap to me. afaik they actually make their own shoes in whatever medieval Italian town that is, so i'd expect to feel the same about all of em. i think i'd try the Loake before the cuci. .02.

100% agree. I love Cucinelli but their shoes sorta suck.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple stops on the way home from NHRA today..

Some LE Trafalgars, Titmus Cabana sunnies, and vasques

And now...
The money shot.

Late 50s/early 60s and with a big school. Good **** maroki.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick stop while out running errands; no clothing, grabbed a couple books tho:

Punk book is cool, not worth anything. The other book is this one:

...two other copies are active right now - one is $179, the other is $325. Not bad for $2.92 + tax.

Probably the coolest thing I discovered this week:
After I got home I went to look them up on eBay, and found that the barcode scanner on the eBay app does a good job of finding matches (assuming the same item is listed or had been recently ended on eBay, that it had a barcode, and that the seller entered the barcode in their listing).
Next time I'm in GW I'm gonna run up & down the book aisles, scanning barcodes for a while - see if I get any good hits.

Quick stop while out running errands; no clothing, grabbed a couple books tho:

Punk book is cool, not worth anything. The other book is this one:

...two other copies are active right now - one is $179, the other is $325. Not bad for $2.92 + tax.

Probably the coolest thing I discovered this week:
After I got home I went to look them up on eBay, and found that the barcode scanner on the eBay app does a good job of finding matches (assuming the same item is listed or had been recently ended on eBay, that it had a barcode, and that the seller entered the barcode in their listing).
Next time I'm in GW I'm gonna run up & down the book aisles, scanning barcodes for a while - see if I get any good hits.
the amazon app is better and a better platform to sell books

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sashae

Reaction score

No I didn't go I wasn't feeling well plus I haven't been finding as much stuff as I'd like and got disheartened. You hop on the thread and see Kiton, Zilli, Brioni.... and when you go out all you find is some Jeans. I am really spoiled now, did you get those Dunhill shoes?

I didn't, I literally came for solely the dopp kit and the Pendleton carpet bag. I don't have the energy to compete on window stuff 99% of the time :)

fiercekrypton

Reaction score
Posting my first thrift find. Grabbed these guys down in Florida at a goodwill. Both have been worn lots but taken care of. Allen Edmonds chester and fifth st.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting my first thrift find. Grabbed these guys down in Florida at a goodwill. Both have been worn lots but taken care of. Allen Edmonds chester and fifth st.

Your first thrifted shoes had trees in them... You are in for a big let down in future purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members