• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Ever go to like 10 stores in a day and pretty much completely strike out?

Bought this because it was cheap and I was sick of not buying things

Found these for myself at the very last stop

The had a pair of Raleigh denim too but had a bunch of damage on the back of the leg

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever used the "method" on a Burberry trench? I just picked up a vintage Mac for myself but it's got some yellowing at the collar and I'm afraid an oxy bath might result in the nova check bleeding into the coat.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Has anybody ever used the "method" on a Burberry trench? I just picked up a vintage Mac for myself but it's got some yellowing at the collar and I'm afraid an oxy bath might result in the nova check bleeding into the coat.
Try the "spray method".

Will Confess, just discovered "Down east Dickering". thank you Frenchy. Love the show.

Last edited:

maro2280

Reaction score
What do you call these and is it a bad thing that they have been released at one end? I have seen similar pieces of fabric connected to vents, but these seem like they originally extended towards the front of the sport coat. From a Paul Stuart (Samuelsohn) sport coat.

winny94

Reaction score
Has anyone built a shoe rack/organizer?
I need something for a skinny hall closet and was curious if there were any plans, tips, or advice.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ever go to like 10 stores in a day and pretty much completely strike out?

That's been me all week. Wishing I were back in LA right about now. On that note, I did, however, manage to get some non-ipotato photos of the Visvim goodies that I thrifted in LA a few weeks ago.

Also grabbed a NWOT pair of these jeans as well.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone built a shoe rack/organizer?
I need something for a skinny hall closet and was curious if there were any plans, tips, or advice.

Holds 208 Pairs.
The shelves are not as bowed as they appear in the pic, and don't worry, they are well supported.

I recommend making the shelves adjustable.

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
Nope, but I might just do that today. Need to get mine freshened up for fall/winter anyway.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st pair of Gustin Ive thrifted, Plant dyed indigo, tagged 36 but fit smaller so keeping

Camp 7 down vest, M

Good stuff! Camp 7 is one of the few vintage outdoors brands I've yet to encounter. I have vest from most of the others... I'd ask if this was available, but I think I'm good with four down vests in my personal collection. I might have a problem.
biggrin.gif

R01gt

Reaction score
Some of the better recent finds for me:

Boglioli K. Jacket in 100% Cashmere

Pretty nuts vintage Chipp blazer

Mezlan Gators - first alligator / croc anything I have found in good enough condition to grab

And my person favorite (because they actually fit) - Oak Street Bootmakers Chromexcel Vibram Sole Camp Boots. Looks like they were worn less than 5 times.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went to a storage auction, not to bid, but because I know the folks who buy lockers are idiot's sometimes. They throw clothes away mostly and I can confirm a painting that sold for 75 grand came from the same place these clothes would have went. I went to make connections with some locker buyers to insure i get the clothes and this was my first result. It seem's this was a Naval Aviators locker.

These guys paid 150$ for a room full of newspapers in milk crates, furniture that smelled like pee and these clothes. I **** you not, they said "give me a buck and take all you can grab" but Im knowing they get a lot of sacks like this so I buttered em up real well, I should get a call. This flight suit prob one of the most valuable items in the damn unit lol. not to mention a big ass couch is a pain ********** to store.

This is older than it looks, prob vietnam era olive drab.

The work pants with the screen print on the pocket are so dope, marked "engineered work garment's" on a orange tag.

This shirt is so dope, Im pissed its too small for me. Looks like something a designer would bite from.

I got all his neckties too, most suck. The aviation themed ties are dope

more funky stuff.

Legit old LL bean

MacGregor Jersey shirt blank, more funk

Big 3 Cincinnati pin real old.
I for some LVC henley shirts I got to pic up too. Im always pissed when I find LVC, I like true vintage.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads