• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I came with nothing, left with this Rucksack full.

Just added another bag to the stash hahaha

Im heated this is XL. I would wear this so well. I kind of give off a vibe like "the dude" when I wear these hahaha.

To be honest just cause im here In SD doesn't mean I buy all the charger's crap I see, But this vest was cool.

Pendleton Outdoorsman shirt

We were on the subject of modifying vests earlier. I got this one and I plan to patch and pin it up etc, but I paid next to nothing for this vest and the patches, so It makes sense for me.

Old antique belt

Old made in usa bandanas

n3b jackets

I found another pair of these vintage Nike tennis sneakers

Polo hoodie rugby
Nobody In town for Comic Con?

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
One hell of a summer streak here, guys. I hate following a Cucinelli overcoat, but here goes.

The Brioni cashmere I mentioned a while back, in all its glory:

Pretty contemporary fit and styling. 40s, fits me pretty well so I'm torn between keeping and baying. Color is a warm gray green that doesn't come through well in pics, with a red and blue (or black) overcheck.

Old (circa 50s) navy wool dinner jacket with a silk shawl lapel, made for Roger Kent men's store. Really dig on old smoking/dinner jackets, particularly with shawls. 44, available.

U Trau made in USA fleece for my alma mater (school colorway and errthang). Soft, fleecy, a little too big (but in a good way). NA

Obligatory BB makers, fresh out the dry cleaners, with some charming patchwork and wear.

Burberry London bd, made in the states with lovely mops.

Pop! Once again, a treasure buried among the billowing racks of poly hawaiian man drapings. Pretty cool camp shirt, mops, all cotton.

And a trifecta of vintage cottons.

County cottons MIUSA in red white and blue, I THINK the patch reads "excelsus tenecus", but I might be wrong.

Cool old prl ringer tee, for myself. The green shirt is a MIUSA champion shirt, and the sleeved version of the champion tank I picked up a while back.

To contribute to the vintage lo-talk, here are some better pics of my one and only polo country find:

Made in the states, mop buttons, and covered in sailfish! My go to boating/summer ******* around shirt.

Picked up these magnificent blood red corduroys as well. Size 38, made in France for Barney's. Really velvety nap, things just scream quality. Any idea as to the maker might be?

And an e-thrift for myself: this sexy m effer.

Slide-Slope Japan. Not much info, but appears to be a very niche high-end knitwear operation. This thing is an incredible mix of 85% cashmere, 15% mohair. Not gonna see much use til the mercury drops but oh man. Those pockets. The 2 way zip. The fuzz! Plus the logo kind of has a like secret society symbol look, which is cool.

Two of my best finds today weren't clothing at all:

4/50 print by Linda Adato, '79. Her 90s/2000s work sells for 2-600, but I couldnt find anything as old as this piece so I'm unclear on the value. Not that it matters, as I really really like it. Subtle, unexpected, and offhandedly political. Much less staid than what I saw of her recent work.

And walking out of my last store of the day- hungry, tired, jittery with caffeine- I spot, and immediately purchase, this:

Duude NIB apple tv! Actually have been considering picking one of these up at retail, but well thats life for you :) no remote, but that is en bee dee.

Let's keep this insane roll going fellas! (As I suspect that by the will of the thrift gods your luck is rubbing off on my own travels, osmotic-like)

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If those Nikes are early 80's they are the Wimbledon. They came in light blue or a perforated Swoosh. McEnroe wore them. They have released countless retro versions inspired by the Wimbledon.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a thrift but just got delivery of these.

My first pair of Espadrilles. Going on vacation to South Padre next month, figured I could rock these babies all week.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody In town for Comic Con?
I grew up in San Diego, sort of... comic-con was a regular thing for me back in the mid-90s.
my bro lives down there, he goes every year. i tried to call him last night, he was scoping sailor moon.
i hear it's a little played-out these days, a little too much scene. I'm sure my bro will give me the deetz.

if yer there, have fun amigo!

ps - that PRL blackwatch...

Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score
glad to see this thing is still rocking and rolling! Hope everyone is well :)

Haven't been on the hunt in a while but hoping to start back up soon! If any of you SF bay area folks see a black CTS-V in your local thrift store parking lots you know i already snaked the good stuff!!! HAHAHA

-Chris

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of cashing out and starting fresh. I've lately become overhwelmed with how much I've accuired and I've also come to the realization that I don't want to be a collector. Anybody interested in buying me out wholesale? Looking to get rid of about 90'% of my suits and SC's, ties, boots, shoes and some outerwear.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to know how much you paid for the Cucinelli before I know how jealous to be about the Cucinelli.

(And more pics!)

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I found a new wardrobe of brioni this week... I am still jealous

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter what I had found in a given week, I would still be jealous thrifting a NWT Cucinelli. But, as @ChetB points out, it would make a difference what the price was.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of cashing out and starting fresh. I've lately become overhwelmed with how much I've accuired and I've also come to the realization that I don't want to be a collector. Anybody interested in buying me out wholesale? Looking to get rid of about 90'% of my suits and SC's, ties, boots, shoes and some outerwear.

I may need to use my Airline vouchers to fly to Chicago.

Sleeves345

Reaction score
Well, I've been lurking for a while trying to learn as much as I can. Usually I just thrift for myself, and flip ties since price of entry is low.

But today I found a few suits (Faconnable, Zegna, Riccardo, some I don't know), and hesitantly passed them up. Some had moth damage, others just a button loose (but present), generally wrinkled, and I've never dropped that much at a GW before. Someone tell me I was right to pass on them? Or should I just Schumacher my way back to grab them before I regret it?

Edit: I obviously didn't bother to take pics of the ones with moth damage. The pictured suits are largely undamaged.

Sorry for crap pics.

Wrinkled double-breasted Facconable.

Wool, Italian.

Double Breasted Zegna suit.

From Nieman Marcus.

Drab, but shiny, green no-lapel three-piece. Don't recognize the labels.

The vest and pants were hung up poorly. Not the correct hanger for the job.

Custom tailored, but no other labels that I could find.

Dario di Napoli. Didn't get pics of the rest.

Bright red Riccardo. Pretty sure this is a pass, but it was too red to not take pics of.

Polyester?

Thanks for the help, in advance. I'll post up some of my older finds later. I really appreciate this thread. Always good reading and education.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads