• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Light Outerwear

Prana Cordfleece

Mountain Hardwear Fleece

Patagonia Synchilla

Spyder Fleece

Beretta Zipped Lined Shooting Sweater

Orvis Harrington

Ben Sherman Militia Style Jacket

J.L. Powell Cord Sporting Jacket

Custom Painted Trucker Jacket with Pre 911 NYC Skyline, pretty remarkable work.

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the most outlandish things I've ever found. Funny thing is, as soon as I saw it on the rack I knew what it was. Who wants to give me an eBay tag line for this one? Slim 44 incase anyone is interested.
My question is how did you break into Wes's vault and get this?

freehand

Reaction score
I just saw that @StanleyVanBuren has chosen a vintage theme for this week's Friday challenge: http://www.styleforum.net/t/507711/...ptember-2015-quench-your-ancient-thirst/0_100

I imagine that the posters on this thread have more vintage than most so thought I would mention it. My vintage stuff is all CM and I won't get the chance to wear any this weekend (or have the tim to play dress up) but someone here can win this, I have no doubt.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see this and I wonder, "Who would buy something like this?"

But if I ever see it, I should always think "Wes will get more for this than I got for my last Brioni"

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I found my first shell shoes!
bounce2.gif
Can I get a confirmation?
Didn't notice a reply, but the fact you've probably gotten 20 PM's about them have confirmed it for you.

I flipped 2 pair a few months ago for $350 and $375 respectively. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALDEN-Shell...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good morning for smalls.

Trafalgar, Trafalgar Ltd Ed, PRL

Lizard x2

vtg Gucci, Facc, marital aid

Carrera x2

Oakley 5s, RayBan

Bally Caiman

And this guy. Mont Blanc Meisterstuck rollerball

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discount fit?

Schott horsehide double rider - from @eazye
LVC linen popover - from @leftofthedial
Raleigh selvedge - ethrift
RW Iron Rangers - e thriftish

Met up with @nataku quick today to buy a jacket from him. Thanks again man!

it's going to my brother as he's been begging me for mine. Luckily for me, it's too big for me and will fit him perfectly. Piper just chilled in the pocket for a little while.

noob15

Reaction score
Great jacket for personal use IMO. I have a similar one my wife bought me about 15 years ago and it's a great fall coat.,
Thanks, but I passed on it. It was too small for me in any case, and when I looked at ebay really quickly I couldn't find much resale.

Deedz

Reaction score
I figured since I had a pretty good last couple days thrifting that I'd post some of the highlights. I recently moved to Houston and have been pretty underwhelmed by the thrifting here but these last 2 days things picked up a little.

Brioni sports coats x 7 plus a suit. Some need some cleaning and some are kind of funky fabric but I figured ya gotta pick up Brioni.

Zegna sports coat, Versace Collection suit, Zegna Trofeo suit.

Zegna sports coat, Ferragamo sports coat, Canali Exclusive cashmere sports coat, Hickey Freeman tweedish sports coat, Ralph Lauren blue script sports coat.

some ties

Church's custom grade, Magnanni

I also picked up a grey Polo made in USA double breasted suit for myself. I've always kind of wanted a DB suit but have never found one that wasn't super dated.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured since I had a pretty good last couple days thrifting that I'd post some of the highlights. I recently moved to Houston and have been pretty underwhelmed by the thrifting here but these last 2 days things picked up a little.
That's a helluva first post! Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads