• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New York, New York / Tristate (seriously, most of the surrounding "towns" are bigger than some of the cities lower on this list)
Harrisburg, PA - Eh, I guess. Not that major though....(and not where my best thrifting is either)
Baltimore MD, may be a better choice...about equidistant. (and still not where my best thrifting is)
Wichita, Kansas -- population 350,000 nearest major City either Kansas City or Oklahoma City.
Chi-town
Austin
Nashville, TN
Indianapolis, IN
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Denver, CO
Minneapolis, Minn.
Cincinnati, OH
Santa Barbara, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Boston, MA
San Francisco and entire Bay Area -- aren't there several of you peoples?
Birmingham, AL
Kansas City, MO
Palm Beach/Greater Miami area
Louisville, KY
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH (Ohio is now dunzo. (Dayton isn't a real city.))
Toledo, OH (NOW Ohio is dunzo. But agree on Dayton)

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some cool fire king for the collection

You like the Fire King stuff, too? My wife really likes it and as she has bought more, I kind of like it too.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw, copped:

#75 Okayama Standard Straight. 14.5 oz Japanese orange line selvedge. Unworn lol.
The denim is as nice as you would expect from any japanese mill. Rough finish but not slubby. I'm pretty sure this is sanforized, not sure if Gustin deals in stf.

They use a red chainstich at the inside of the hems and pockets.

Never seen this, and I think it's a nice touch. Bartack at inseam side of hem.

I do appreciate the selvedge at the fly.

Bottom line, a great Japanese selvedge with quality American construction. I wish the pocket bags seemed more durable, they feel kinda thin and cheap, and I also wish they hadn't reversed the seam at the yoke (see first pic), I think it's weird to lap the yoke over the leg panel. Most denim is the other way around, and I think "why mess with it if it works?" But I've seen it on other jeans, I think Superdry does it that way...

I'd take em for a test flight, but at 38w they're way too big for the likes of me lol. But at true thrift in my size I'd give em a whirl. My 2 cents.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That will haunt my dreams forever

In other news, huge shout-out to @Koala-T for the badass N&F gray selvedge. Soooo sick. To the denim nerds and the non, is it really that bad to not get them chain stitched when I hem?
Furthermore, @Koala-T hooked it up with a black and brown belt along with some Selvedge I need to stretch then hem as well. Good dude.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New York, New York / Tristate (seriously, most of the surrounding "towns" are bigger than some of the cities lower on this list)
Harrisburg, PA - Eh, I guess. Not that major though....(and not where my best thrifting is either)
Baltimore MD, may be a better choice...about equidistant. (and still not where my best thrifting is)
Wichita, Kansas -- population 350,000 nearest major City either Kansas City or Oklahoma City.
Chi-town
Austin
Nashville, TN
Indianapolis, IN
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Denver, CO
Minneapolis, Minn.
Cincinnati, OH
Santa Barbara, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Boston, MA
San Francisco and entire Bay Area -- aren't there several of you peoples?
Birmingham, AL
Kansas City, MO
Palm Beach/Greater Miami area
Louisville, KY
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH (Ohio is now dunzo. (Dayton isn't a real city.))
Toledo, OH (NOW Ohio is dunzo. But agree on Dayton)
Look at Ohio's presence...waddup!!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But will da hipsterbreaux laugh at meh?
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

Lol, **** them! But if you really want to impress them, cop a pair of Samurai 25 anniversary!!! Those are my personal grail!!!
inlove.gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw, copped:

#75 Okayama Standard Straight. 14.5 oz Japanese orange line selvedge. Unworn lol.
The denim is as nice as you would expect from any japanese mill. Rough finish but not slubby. I'm pretty sure this is sanforized, not sure if Gustin deals in stf.

They use a red chainstich at the inside of the hems and pockets.

Never seen this, and I think it's a nice touch. Bartack at inseam side of hem.

I do appreciate the selvedge at the fly.

Bottom line, a great Japanese selvedge with quality American construction. I wish the pocket bags seemed more durable, they feel kinda thin and cheap, and I also wish they hadn't reversed the seam at the yoke (see first pic), I think it's weird to lap the yoke over the leg panel. Most denim is the other way around, and I think "why mess with it if it works?" But I've seen it on other jeans, I think Superdry does it that way...

I'd take em for a test flight, but at 38w they're way too big for the likes of me lol. But at true thrift in my size I'd give em a whirl. My 2 cents.

**** yeah! Those are always sold out! I keep on telling bros Gustin is mid tier! They are made in the same damn factory as Tellason, RRL, and with the same machines used by the same damn workers!!! Yeah, their pockets are cheap. On my 23 oz. The Beast, they finally upped the pockets but still not up to par for heavy denim.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** yeah! Those are always sold out! I keep on telling bros Gustin is mid tier! They are made in the same damn factory as Tellason, RRL, and with the same machines used by the same damn workers!!! Yeah, their pockets are cheap. On my 23 oz. The Beast, they finally upped the pockets but still not up to par for heavy denim.

If they raised their prices all of the hipsterati would be drooling over them. That's not their model tho. Have you checked the secondary market prices?
nod[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they raised their prices all of the hipsterati would be drooling over them. That's not their model tho. Have you checked the secondary market prices?
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Yeah, but I'm kinda done with Gustin because I've discovered my Chinese small production brands!!!
inlove.gif

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow.gif

effing dibs 42R force of habit
40-41R
You guys know that Sartoria Attolini is not on the same quality standard than Cesare Attolini right?
nest.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads