• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Bentwood Prague 811 Chair, Josef Hoffmann for Thonet

(Please pardon the mess - we are not normally filthy, but we have a load of construction happening and there is constant dust/debris in the home).

Last edited:

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku Yeah, I saw a couple comps that got my heart rate up but I have been disappointed in the past by basing my decision on a small sample of comps. And as you said no dust cover. I may do a bit more research, stuff like this is just so far out of my comfort zone that I didn't wanna jump the gun.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^Thats sick. I found a shott perforated leather jacket a few years ago. Went for some good $$$ if I remember correctly. I'm sure a vanson version will fetch quite a bit more.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only hit 1 store today. Need more time :( All available

40L J Crew Ludlow seersucker suit. Flat-fronts and ****.

Drakes geometric tie. Pop on Drakes for me.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^Thats sick. I found a shott perforated leather jacket a few years ago. Went for some good $$$ if I remember correctly. I'm sure a vanson version will fetch quite a bit more.
I once left a Vanson moto jacket behind...idiot.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not this is my first ever Dunhill SC.
Very recent and awesome....and by Zegna.

Couple of sweaters

The details on this thing....

This one's a keeper

To round out...

First time seeing this kind of set up

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've found that same black-with-tan-leather P&S sweater NWT, it did very very well... the outerwear/knitwear is really quite nice

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everytime I suggest this I come off as a dickhead lol I guess you say better wordings than myself.

It's OK, CP. We know what you mean, and we love you.

Got excited to find this Ermenegildo Zegna Trofeo jacket in my size and pattern...and failed to notice it's ventless. And also 50C, not 50R. Usually I take 50R.

Can I get away with ventless if I'm a fairly thin fellow? Do people get dual vents added?

Is this okay fit given it's 50C?

Whenever I'm in doubt about sleeve length, I do the "reach test". Do a reaching motion, as if at a restaurant and reaching for your drink or something. If the sleeve rides way up my forearm, I say no good and move on. .

This is uncorrect.

The buttoning point is a little high on you too, but it's the sleeves that are most obvious, I let a Canali suit go recently for the same reason, shame really, it's a good fit on the shoulders and chest on you and a nice pattern.

I respectfully disagree, but there is more than enough room for opinion on this, so I'll simply say that buttoning point is largely a matter of taste. Yes, it's true that StyFo believes that lower, navel-height buttoning point is preferred. And that's where many makers put it. But it's a question of what looks best on your individual body and with each cut. I have many cuts, and some are at my navel and some are not. I'm confident they all look good. I've also worn jackets with the BP at my navel that look like ****. And above my navel that look like ****. It's about balance.

That SC fits almost perfectly. Is there extra fabric to let out in the sleeves?

Why is everyone down on the sleeves? They're dead on. 1 inch of shirt showing. That's perfect. DON'T TOUCH THOSE SLEEVES.

The jacket length also looks right by most conventional measures: The jacket hem is at the top of your inseam, or alternatively hits right at your middle knuckle (which I don't like as much because arm length varies much more, whereas top of inseam is usually much more accurately middle of your body vertically -- which is what you're really going for).

If I'm picking nits, the shoulders are a touch beyond your natural, and a bit more structured than is the current fashion. But that's probably intentional for that model (looks like Roma). And with the drop, it looks pretty natural. So I think you can get away with it.

Net, I think you're fine with 0 alterations.

As Nat says, you may be lucky and have enough material inside for vents. But recognize that vents are just a current fetish. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a ventless jacket -- in fact, it has its advantages (and disadvantages), and some prefer it. And I'll bet you MONEY it'll come back, too (though I can't predict how soon).

holy ****

This. I probably would have moved right on by

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone down on the sleeves? They're dead on. 1 inch of shirt showing. That's perfect. DON'T TOUCH THOSE SLEEVES.
i agree with this. i like a bit of sleeve to show and it looks right. i think that if you were to do anything at all, it would be to skinny up those sleeves *just* a touch. but all in all, it's probably not even worthwhile. $.02

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a few of the more interesting items from today

apc cashmere crewneck - $9

womens pure blue japan jeans - $7

engineered garments - $6

issey miyake, these seem nwot - $8

gorgeous women's vince jacket, paper thin leather - $10

sawyer shearling - $30

awsome neiman marcus double layered cashmere track jacket - $10

ok, wtf is the motif on this smathers branson belt? I always buy these when I see them, but this may have been a poor decision - $7

leonard homme paris shirt - $7

mint tom ford shirt! - $7

united arrows linen shirt - $9

allen edmonds mcclain suede, recent resoled - $15

magnanni two tone suede + antiqued leather monks - $7

AE park ave little wear - $10

Sorry for the horrible pics but you guys get the idea

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a few of the more interesting items from today

ok, wtf is the motif on this smathers branson belt? I always buy these when I see them, but this may have been a poor decision - $7

dollars to donuts this is a motorcycle thing. harley colors, HOG = harley owner group. dunno what that thing on the left is but it's your homework not mine lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads