• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not only are the cuffs folded in, the measurement for the sleeve indicates the cuffs were folded in when measured as well!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disappointing because dont have any Chevets in the closet.

Not only are the cuffs folded in, the measurement for the sleeve indicates the cuffs were folded in when measured as well!
And for this reason I'm hoping my Loro Piani 100% Cashmere turns out to be more than what was listed.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a pink Charvet listed from the same consigner with the cuffs folded in as well. I have a couple of mystery jackets coming in From Linda as well.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So....

What's the most bizarre/disturbing item you've come across at a thrift store?

Here's a sculpture that I came across about a year ago.

Creepiest find? I've probably had others which I've forgotten, but the most recent that comes to mind was this marionette I found in Chicago while thrifting with @silverwarebandit

I was checking out one time and I saw a lady buying a marital aid. I thought oh maybe its a like some cooking utensil I dont know about. Upon getting closer to the lady It was indeed a used marital aid. I thought hmmm and walked out and forgot about it until now. Thanks Nataku :nodding:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was checking out one time and I saw a lady buying a marital aid. I thought oh maybe its a like some cooking utensil I dont know about. Upon getting closer to the lady It was indeed a used marital aid. I thought hmmm and walked out and forgot about it until now. Thanks Nataku :nodding:

Was it an Ermenedildo Zegna?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got excited to find this Ermenegildo Zegna Trofeo jacket in my size and pattern...and failed to notice it's ventless. And also 50C, not 50R. Usually I take 50R.

Can I get away with ventless if I'm a fairly thin fellow? Do people get dual vents added?

Is this okay fit given it's 50C?

That's recent enough it's unlikely to have been made ventless unless it was custom ordered. There's a decent chance the previous owner had the vents sewn shut. Some guys prefer ventless and do that with all their jackets. If that is the case here, it'd be easy to have them reopened.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got excited to find this Ermenegildo Zegna Trofeo jacket in my size and pattern...and failed to notice it's ventless. And also 50C, not 50R. Usually I take 50R.

Can I get away with ventless if I'm a fairly thin fellow? Do people get dual vents added?

Is this okay fit given it's 50C?

That SC fits almost perfectly. Is there extra fabric to let out in the sleeves?

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to repost - with slightly better photos - the two pairs of Church's Burwoods from yesterday. Here they are after a first application of Saphir Reno and edge dressing.

Now if only I had a country estate outside London...

AHS

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily