• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I can't believe the thrift run I'm on ... This makes a total of 5 kitons in one week. Each under $10.

Better photos later...

AHS

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just picked up a very nice tweed jacket, which feels like cashmere. The interior label reads "Boardwalk Empire", and "Al Capone".... Does anyone have any idea who made this, or what this might mean? There's also the date 1/29/13.

Very cool find, can't wait to see pics! Really liked that show.

Wrong Crowd

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've read several hundred pages of posts so I finally feel ready to start posting with some of my own recent finds and dumb questions. Excuse the sucky pictures I took with my sucky camera.

Allen Edmonds patent leather plain toe oxfords:

What model are these? I have found several other pairs of Allen Edmonds and they all have the model name right under where it says Allen Edmonds. Google is not helpful. Are these fake? The picture doesn't really show their quality but they seem well-made.

Here's a couple of Zegna ties I found today:

I also picked up a couple Robert Talbott Best of Class and Brooks Brothers. I also picked up two ties I had questions about:

Should I have left either of these?

Also, a nice little find on my way out the door: on top of a stack of frying pans was one that somebody didn't bother to clean all of the eggs out of before giving it to Goodwill...

Surprised something like this could have stayed there long enough for me to find it, I thought this brand had good name recognition.

Rewfio

Reaction score
Can I join the Polo Coat Posse with this?

BTW...what is this? Lol yacht jacket/coat?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've read several hundred pages of posts so I finally feel ready to start posting with some of my own recent finds and dumb questions. Excuse the sucky pictures I took with my sucky camera.

What model are these? I have found several other pairs of Allen Edmonds and they all have the model name right under where it says Allen Edmonds. Google is not helpful. Are these fake? The picture doesn't really show their quality but they seem well-made.

Here's a couple of Zegna ties I found today:

I also picked up a couple Robert Talbott Best of Class and Brooks Brothers. I also picked up two ties I had questions about:

Should I have left either of these?

Also, a nice little find on my way out the door: on top of a stack of frying pans was one that somebody didn't bother to clean all of the eggs out of before giving it to Goodwill...

Surprised something like this could have stayed there long enough for me to find it, I thought this brand had good name recognition.

Welcome. The AE's aren't fake. I had a similar pair of patent leathers that were bought at retail.

I believe yours are these: https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Kendall-Oxford-Patent/dp/B000H18TXW?ie=UTF8&tag=vglnk-c2405-20

Last edited:

Wrong Crowd

Reaction score
Welcome. The AE's aren't fake. I had a similar pair of patent leathers that were bought at retail.

I believe yours are these: https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Kendall-Oxford-Patent/dp/B000H18TXW?ie=UTF8&tag=vglnk-c2405-20

I appreciate the welcome. I followed the link, mine have six pairs of eyelets instead of two but the no-model-name logo on the red background is exactly the same. Maybe I just have the older version? Anyways, now I'm significantly more sure that they're not fake. Thanks for the help.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the welcome. I followed the link, mine have six pairs of eyelets instead of two but the no-model-name logo on the red background is exactly the same. Maybe I just have the older version? Anyways, now I'm significantly more sure that they're not fake. Thanks for the help.

Ah, could be, I didn't zoom in. Mine were brogued captoes in patent leather but same red lining so you're good. Definitely real.

cz606

Reaction score
A few things from the past couple days. As others have noted, absolutely nothing special compared to some of the items others have been posting.

2 Canali (Brown label and Proposta) and Samuelsohn

RLPL and Etro

Some Ties - Would have found a reason to wear the Fox and Chive tie on the left had I had it a few weeks ago on vacation

Only 2 shirts outside of ordinary finds - D&G and Etro

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe that model is the Copley. While its more common to have the name printed on the insole, AE does not always do it. Google "Allen Edmonds Copley" for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members