• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
paging owners of RRL leather moto jackets. Do they generally run slim? Came across a wilkins jacket, if anyone owns that specific model
I don't remember that one in particular being very slim, it came out the same time as the knowles moto jacket that i owned and had a very similar cut which I found to run a little boxy if anything

mrbig

Reaction score
paging owners of RRL leather moto jackets. Do they generally run slim? Came across a wilkins jacket, if anyone owns that specific model
I have the original one that came out a few years back - the leather is a little different to last years and I haven't tried the recent ones on but mine fits a little boxy - not much 'waist suppression'. I'd say it's typical of cafe racers designed to be worn with a motorcycle sweater underneath - but it's not loose/full cut.

I wear a Large in the Matlock workshirts (until last year where they started to run 1 size smaller; and I measured to make sure it wasn't the donuts :p) and a large moto fits me nicely. 6" 220lbs.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't remember that one in particular being very slim, it came out the same time as the knowles moto jacket that i owned and had a very similar cut which I found to run a little boxy if anything

It defiantly doesn’t look to have that slim look to them. Appreciate the feedback.

I have the original one that came out a few years back - the leather is a little different to last years and I haven't tried the recent ones on but mine fits a little boxy - not much 'waist suppression'. I'd say it's typical of cafe racers designed to be worn with a motorcycle sweater underneath - but it's not loose/full cut.

I wear a Large in the Matlock workshirts (until last year where they started to run 1 size smaller; and I measured to make sure it wasn't the donuts :p) and a large moto fits me nicely. 6" 220lbs.

Ive been on the fence. The measurements provided are slightly slrgebin the chest and most likely too large everywhere else. as much as I want to make it work I think it will likely be too large. I’m 6’ 195 and wear a large comfortably in pretty much everything. It’s a shame since I really like the style.

Thanks for the info:cheers:

McSp

Reaction score
Anyone can help to understand the difference between tag M and tag M 175/96A? I bought an item online with the second tag and I got the feeling that it runs smaller then a regular M... Not really sure, maybe is just the cut and design of that item, but better to know for future purchases.
Thanks in advance.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been offline for a while and my SF rigids (https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-jeans/slim-fit-rigid-selvedge-jean/86417.html) are starting to show some real wear (around the knees, especially, with a minor tear). Two questions - for minor tears around the knees, what do folks usually do to fix/patch? Or you just leave as is?

Second question - I'd like to check out some other brands that compare favorably to the SFs that I do have. They could be raw (or not) - any recommendations in terms of fit, quality at a lower price point? (<$250). I've seen the usual suspects - 3S, N&F, Unbranded recommended but nowhere have I seen which fit compares well to the RRL ones I currently have.

TIA

JiiPee

Reaction score
Not a bad catch from the RL outlet today. I hardly ever see RRL in the outlets but lucked out today...

20181203_191603.jpg

...that what looks like white shirt is light blue chambray western shirt in flash.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Not a bad catch from the RL outlet today. I hardly ever see RRL in the outlets but lucked out today...

View attachment 1082820
...that what looks like white shirt is light blue chambray western shirt in flash.
which outlet? that belt looks great, how much did it come out to?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The company appears to be a lot more careful to protect the image of RRL and Purple Label by really limiting any of these two brands products from reaching the Polo outlets compared to a few years ago. If you do find some RRL in an outlet, it is a real score.

aquila49

Reaction score
Second question - I'd like to check out some other brands that compare favorably to the SFs that I do have. They could be raw (or not) - any recommendations in terms of fit, quality at a lower price point? (<$250). I've seen the usual suspects - 3S, N&F, Unbranded recommended but nowhere have I seen which fit compares well to the RRL ones I currently have.

In the target price range I've owned denim from Sugar Cane and liked them.

While I have no personal experience with these brands, they are well-respected and fit your budget: Left Field, 3Sixteen, Japan Blue, Rogue Territory and Tellason. When on sale, these brands may also meet your criteria: Fullcount, Momotaro, Studio d'Artisan, and Samurai.

You can find good prices for higher-tier brands if you are willing to scour the web. I picked up a beautiful new pair of Stevenson Overall La Jolla 727 black jeans on the Denimbro market thread at 40% off standard retail price.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the target price range I've owned denim from Sugar Cane and liked them.

While I have no personal experience with these brands, they are well-respected and fit your budget: Left Field, 3Sixteen, Japan Blue, Rogue Territory and Tellason. When on sale, these brands may also meet your criteria: Fullcount, Momotaro, Studio d'Artisan, and Samurai.

You can find good prices for higher-tier brands if you are willing to scour the web. I picked up a beautiful new pair of Stevenson Overall La Jolla 727 black jeans on the Denimbro market thread at 40% off standard retail price.

Thank you! I appreciate the info - I think I have narrowed down my search to (high side) 3S, Sugar Cane and RT and (low side) Unbranded and Japan Blue. From my research, these seem to be the most popular and at the end of the day, it comes down to fit. Might just buy 6-7 total pairs and return the ones that don't suit me! Thanks again.

The company appears to be a lot more careful to protect the image of RRL and Purple Label by really limiting any of these two brands products from reaching the Polo outlets compared to a few years ago. If you do find some RRL in an outlet, it is a real score.

For sure. About 6-7 years ago, I actually scored an RLPL tux at a RL outlet...and the outlet had a sale to boot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads