• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

walds11

Reaction score
i don't mean to go off tangent but your last sentence caught my attention. i've never considered RRL slim fitting, even their slim fits. you seem to be very slim. you MAY want to venture into japanese denim and myabe you can visit selfedge and blue in green in new york when you're in town to see if you'll like their selections better.

I have a slim runners build with moderately thick hips/thighs, no a** and skinny ankles. Is there a term for this type of build? LOL!

Yea, I could venture out of RRL denim, but I like their styles and washes a lot...

What I like about their slim fit is that it's not too slim. It is definitely, for the most part, a slimmer cut and certainly in the range of slim, but definitely doesn't veer into skinny territory. Which I can't get into at all.

I definitely don’t want anything skinny. I’m thinking about sizing down from my slim 32s (maybe 31s?) or trying the slim narrows in 32s. It looks like slim narrows are incrementally slimmer than the slims, which might work for me.

oynag

Reaction score
Advance warning: 40% goes to 60% on Tuesday. The late-winter collection should reduce by 40% on the same day. Potential additional discounts in-store. Hope everyone is enjoying the solstice rituals of their preference.

bobbo28

Reaction score
Curious if anyone owns or has tried on either of these jackets, and if so... thoughts?

I dig them both... the wool/cashmere is dope but I wonder if the blue striping overwhelms the coat in person.

Happy Holiday's... thanks for the reduced discount FYI!

s7-1279663_standard.jpeg

s7-1279686_standard.jpeg

Pugs

Reaction score
Curious if anyone owns or has tried on either of these jackets, and if so... thoughts?

I dig them both... the wool/cashmere is dope but I wonder if the blue striping overwhelms the coat in person.

Happy Holiday's... thanks for the reduced discount FYI!

View attachment 896979

View attachment 896980
I ordered the indigo plaid fleece jacket and sent it right back for a return. It is nothing more than a thin sweatshirt and is not at all what it looks like on the site IMO. I was thinking it was substantial in weight and the pic on the site looks amazing. I was very disappointed with the fit also, it kind of bunched out on the sides and looked terrible on me. The site made it look straight and it was the opposite.

keepondigging

Reaction score
s7-1279690_standard

This hand knit belted beauty went up on the UK site today for a cool grand. RL always hits it out of the park when it comes to their aztec/southwestern designs for their cardigans imo, they are stunning in person. Just can't ever justify paying that much for a sweater though personally. I managed to pick up a very similar Polo one off Ebay for less than 10% of that price a few years ago and it has served me well.

Has anyone here purchased a $1000 sweater and felt their purchase was justified? Its not a trick question, but I do genuinely want to know if someone has felt they have gotten enough quality, value and wear out of a $1000 sweater purchase to justify it. Because I'm open to the idea that it is justifiable. I think there are cases to be made for jackets that are well and truly deserving of 1k+ price tags but I'm just not seeing it yet for a sweater. Obviously there is a subsection of society that can afford to impulse purchase a 1k sweater and not think twice about it, but I feel that real RRL'ers are a somewhat savvy crowd who truly have an appreciation for fabrics, cuts and design inspiration. They tend to be interested in true vintage aswell. This usally also tends to overlap with people who have thrifty sensibilities, but who also know when the time is right to pay up for quality. So for the people here who fall into that demographic, have any of y'all ever purchased a 1k vintage reproduction sweater?

Last edited:

Pugs

Reaction score
s7-1279690_standard

This hand knit belted beauty went up on the UK site today for a cool grand. RL always hits it out of the park when it comes to their aztec/southwestern designs for their cardigans imo, they are stunning in person. Just can't ever justify paying that much for a sweater though personally. I managed to pick up a very similar Polo one off Ebay for less than 10% of that price a few years ago and it has served me well.

Has anyone here purchased a $1000 sweater and felt their purchase was justified? Its not a trick question, but I do genuinely want to know if someone has felt they have gotten enough quality, value and wear out of a $1000 sweater purchase to justify it. Because I'm open to the idea that it is justifiable. I think there are cases to be made for jackets that are well and truly deserving of 1k+ price tags but I'm just not seeing it yet for a sweater. Obviously there is a subsection of society that can afford to impulse purchase a 1k sweater and not think twice about it, but I feel that real RRL'ers are a somewhat savvy crowd who truly have an appreciation for fabrics, cuts and design inspiration. They tend to be interested in true vintage aswell. This usally also tends to overlap with people who have thrifty sensibilities, but who also know when the time is right to pay up for quality. So for the people here who fall into that demographic, have any of y'all ever purchased a 1k vintage reproduction sweater?
I have always admired Them from a far but still can’t pull the trigger, even at sale prices.

walds11

Reaction score
As I try to figure out sizing and fits, I’m looking for some feedback on the slim gibson or slim narrow grant wash denim jeans:

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-jeans/slim-fit-jean/394436.html?cgid=men-clothing-jeans&dwvar394436_colorname=Gibson Wash&webcat=men/bottoms/#prefn1=brand&prefv1=Double+RL&ab=en_US_MLP_RRL_Slot_2_S1_L1_Shop&start=1&cgid=men-clothing-jeans

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-jeans/slim-narrow-fit-jean/394438.html?cgid=men-clothing-jeans&dwvar394438_colorname=Grant Wash&webcat=men/bottoms/#prefn1=brand&prefv1=Double+RL&ab=en_US_MLP_RRL_Slot_2_S1_L1_Shop&start=1&cgid=men-clothing-jeans

What makes them a lower price point ($220) compared to the other ones that range from $295 to 390+? How is the quality of this lower priced denim? Is it selvedge denim? According to the description, it’s American denim and imported. Is it American denim and constructed overseas?

walds11

Reaction score
Doesn’t look like selvedge and no button fly^^

You are probably right. Selvedge is not specified in the details or overview. Oh well. Nice wash though. I wish RRL had more offerings in slim narrow fit light-weight selvedge denim.

oynag

Reaction score

Happen to have this one. The blue is appropriately muted. I’ve placed it against some once-washed and some I-can’t-remember-wash so you can see what you think. Overall impressions: nice light weight yet still warm (the cashmere), definitely a sweater jacket not a coat. There’s not much room to layer- a thin l/s or heavy t-shirt. Cool buttons. Fits slim but true to size. I’ll prrrrrobably keep it. Cowboy jacket inbound tomorrow.

3ECE80D1-25C7-42D7-BBE2-D2FBD6247D09.jpeg

F869CB99-1FC0-4122-AF6D-7C5CBE1E6354.jpeg

Ruggedman

Reaction score
was going through my wardrobe and noticed that i have a lot RRL pieces that i don't wear anymore and i am looking to move a few (lost weight). But, I'm not too sure how much i can get for them. I already sold a RRL sweater jacket to one user on here, looking back i think i could of got a bit more. I'm not stressing it though, he paid super fast and i shipped it out the next day. View attachment 883556 View attachment 883558

I have this limited Edition RRL camo Jacket in a Large and the limited Edition camo pullover in a medium i am trying to move. they are both pre owned with very little wear. I have way too much clothes. how much do you'll think i can get for both. If interested i can email you tagged pics later on so you can see the condition

How much for the camo jacket?

boxdok

Reaction score
Offer me a decent price through pm . I will more than likely accept. It’s just sitting in my closet

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar