• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a significant other that wears a size 1? I have a few RRL denim jkts from the sale, both selvedge and non. Will post pics when I get back.

fults

Reaction score
:slayer: Sir you were right, the Mendoza does come up large.

@dave-sfu

Anyone got any input on this vest, size wise?

Last edited:

Ghost01

Reaction score
Got it, thanks! I'm confused about it because I keep seeing Midland, Midland 2, and Midland 3. Also read way back in the thread that they had changed the wash slightly at some point. Just hoping the photo was realistic because I'm looking for a low straight in a medium blue wash, in between the Midland and Stillwater.
Midland, Midland 2 and Midland 3 are the same wash but performed on a new fabric base. This happened when RRL started moving from Japanese to US selvage.

The photos used by the Product Guides and the Online store are photos directly form the samples. this is where the discrepancies occur. My understanding is that there are major changes still made after the sales samples are made. Multiply this by the fact that photos were all done by a 3rd party the updated styles were never passed on.

this is no excuse as a company as big as RL should be able to get the right.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
not sure if anyone is interested in the Rummel Cords at the sale price of $135. Have a size 31 x 32 that i'll be sending back shortly

pvoytko

Reaction score

Saw this on grailed. Apparently it was a prototype jacket that never made it into production. Size medium so a bit small for me or i would bite

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Broke my "no shopping for lent" last night when I saw a Star Iron Ore shirt on Ebay and lost my mind. I've been wanting that since I missed out on it a couple years ago. Feels so wrong yet so right :)

RandJG1

Reaction score

:slayer: Sir you were right, the Mendoza does come up large.

@dave-sfu

Anyone got any input on this vest, size wise?

I have this in an XL and wish i had an XXL. Id say true to size if not a bit slim. Any XXLs out there let me know ;)

Battlestar

Reaction score
All my RRL short sleeve shirts, cargo shorts and denim was bought thru online with the help of members here in terms of sizing.
Since we don't have RRL store here in Philippines and my impulse buying starting to scratch me, I may need your help again.
If anyone who owns the matlock work shirt like http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...1&ab=ln_men_cs_casualshirts&parentPage=family in Small size, can you share with me the actual measurements please? Thank you thank you
smile.gif

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Argh, I could cry. The star iron ore shirt I bought off ebay had the sleeves shortened :( The measurements were there but I didn't double check. No mention of tailoring anywhere. Live and learn :( I guess it'll make a good shirt for Florida summers... but still, talk about gut wrenching to have a grail item be in my hands but totally ruined for me by the short arms. F*ck. Rant over. No one i know offline would understand :)

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
Argh, I could cry. The star iron ore shirt I bought off ebay had the sleeves shortened
frown.gif
The measurements were there but I didn't double check. No mention of tailoring anywhere. Live and learn
frown.gif
I guess it'll make a good shirt for Florida summers... but still, talk about gut wrenching to have a grail item be in my hands but totally ruined for me by the short arms. F*ck. Rant over. No one i know offline would understand
smile.gif

But in all seriousness, How bad is it? U can use it as a layer piece or roll the sleeves a bit. I have shirts I refuse to give up even though they are borderline made for alligators

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads