• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the LE olives and the LE STF's i did pay retail. my size (28) and lots of tops are only available in very small quantities in size xs/small online and esp for LEs sometimes never make it to online so i have to contact SAs directly like dastig

so for these types of items that i can wait for or i know will sell quickly, i pay retail. for most of the general stuff i want, but dont need to have, i wait for sales or would at least use the 10% bizrates

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of straw hats RL once made a limited quantity of boaters for some olympic games. I bought one but I had to return it as it was too big for my head. It was really nice and made by some fancy hat-maker. Wish RL would make some more for us 1920's/Gatsby wannabes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ralph-Lau...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
For the Dixon jacket, I note that the small is listed as being on 23" long. I am 6' tall but slim (36R in J Crew); do you think the Dixon in small would fit or would it be too short?

RandJG1

Reaction score
on the dixon fit, i feel that it runs small, now maybe thats how I feel about the jackets with cuffs and waist bands and collars, its in their style. Im 6'4" and have an XL which works ok, but an earlier flight jacket in xxl and the current lightening bolt in xxl for me are a much better fit.

PS anyone out there want to trade an xl dixon for and xxl i'd love to hear from you

RandJG1

Reaction score
Theres a new Vneck vest with ticking stripes just listed on the rrl site. No obvious jacket to pair with, does anyone know if theres a jacket or pants coming to match? Im curious if any of you have seen in store or glimpsed the look books to know what other cool pieces might be coming for the spring lines? The gaucho and artist lines don't seem to have all filtered in yet. Looks like mostly empire, wondering if theres more to that one as well. I jumped on the allan jacket, the empire and the stevens jacket and vest.

captainshields

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm moving south (Virginia/North Carolina area) later this year.
Going down to scope things out in a couple weeks.

Are there any outlets that carry RRL in either state near the coast? (or anywhere?)
Or any stores that carry it in general?
Just curious.

thanks!

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the shrink to fit jeans today. I'm probably a 33/34 in RRL denim... The 34 were too small for the amount they claimed it would shrink, but the 36 seems too large. The online store claims they stock 35, but they say it may be an error. The denim feels awesome, though... I need to investigate further

Ended up getting the black indigo cardigan. Fits perfect in M and looks great.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this, but those pants are hideous. I can't imagine those looking good with anything. I feel the same about white jeans/pants.

When I clicked the link I was expecting some fashion atrocity. There's nothing particularly heinous about red or white pants.

I wouldn't personally wear red pants but "nantucket reds" are a cliche look for the preppy set.

White clothes give off a rich and carefree vibe that you have no concern about your dry cleaning bill.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads