• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had to double dip at miller. went for the red plaid cord camp and khaki twill utility shirt. too much stuff was left in my size i didn’t want it to go unclaimed so i had to do my part. these prices were crazy
Isn't it all gone already??

kurdo

Reaction score
had to double dip at miller. went for the red plaid cord camp and khaki twill utility shirt. too much stuff was left in my size i didn’t want it to go unclaimed so i had to do my part. these prices were crazy
Must admit, I kinda regret posting about that shop immediately. Missed out on some great deals. Not stuff I necessarily needed, but the price drops on some of the accessories, like the tote bag and the backpack! Anyone grabbed those? Amazing deals.

@spacemanvt there is still stuff available, but not the best sizes.

@classicalthunde yeah, RRL goes on sale at least twice a year on ralphlauren.com. Prices drop 30% during those sales. But other retailers carrying RRL will cut prices much more. I have found 70% off deals this year. End of winter sales tend to be the best. But I would say 50% off isn't unusual. You may miss out on some nice pieces if you wait for more than 30% off though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
newbie question - does RRL stuff ever go on sale? There's a pair of jeans that I like, but $450 is too rich for my blood...
Depends on the item. Right now is tail end of winter sale so probably no sale at Ralph site until June/July. Sales have been topping out at 30%. If it’s a core item those don’t go on sale at Ralph site.

Watch retailer sites for the item. They’ll likely go 20% or more for random sales. Check Stag, Ssense, Matches, Mr Porter, Cultizm, Bodega, Blue Owl, Nordstrom, Canoe Club, Snake Oil Provisions.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lucky shirt (not actually lucky), cargoes, braided leather bracelet, Studebaker Metals silver cuff.
IMG_8926.jpeg

Bing75

Reaction score
What is your size? It's still around on some webshops.

Edit: just checked all the webshops I have saved and there's 1 webshop left with 1 XL jacket. If that's your size and you're interested in it, let me know and I'll send you a DM with the webshop's link.
Hey I'm a s/m depending on how it's cut that particular jacket I'd need to try a M as the small wasn;t right. TBH I've spent too much on clothes these 2/3 months so will pass thanks.....

kurdo

Reaction score
Hey I'm a s/m depending on how it's cut that particular jacket I'd need to try a M as the small wasn;t right. TBH I've spent too much on clothes these 2/3 months so will pass thanks.....

I am also a S/M depending on cut and had the exact same problem with this jacket. The small was too tight, so I went for the medium, which is a little bit roomy in the shoulder. And I get you about having spent too much... still eying a few pieces though, but they'll be the last ones for a while (so I have convinced myself).

michaelvl

Reaction score
Lucky shirt (not actually lucky), cargoes, braided leather bracelet, Studebaker Metals silver cuff.
View attachment 2131809
Do you know by any chance if "Studebaker Metals" is the maker of the RRL sterling silver bracelets? There seems to be quite a striking resemblance between some products of the two brands, just that the corresponding Studebaker offerings are about half the price of the RRL ones.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you know by any chance if "Studebaker Metals" is the maker of the RRL sterling silver bracelets? There seems to be quite a striking resemblance between some products of the two brands, just that the corresponding Studebaker offerings are about half the price of the RRL ones.
No idea. I will say their products are quite nice and would recommend them. I got a bracelet for my buddy a while ago and he ended up getting another and also one for his daughter.

michaelvl

Reaction score
No idea. I will say their products are quite nice and would recommend them. I got a bracelet for my buddy a while ago and he ended up getting another and also one for his daughter.
Thanks for your respons non the less and bringing the brand under my attention.

I just compared the stampings on my RRL braided sterling silver cuff with the braided sterling silver one on the SBM website, both the cuff and inner stampings are pretty much identical between the two (with exception of the RRL brand stamping of course). I had being eyeballing another RRL SS cuff but because they are not often offered in the E.U., are quite expensive and that I shall likely also have to pay hefty import fees if imported from the U.S., I had shelved the idea of procuring one from the U.S.

The SBM ones seem great quality and value for money, if I get hit with custom fees, the damage won't be all that bad due to the lower list price.

Will be procuring a few silver cuffs from SBM in the near future, some of the bronze ones look pretty awesome as well.

Hybris

Reaction score
I called them today and they confirmed what you stated. They haven't received RRL stuff for a long time and don't know where they end up now. Weird. I bet it gets re-used, it would definitely explain the similar items every year and it would also be in-line with their "fairly sourced cotton" policy (re-use, recycle, etc.).
Paid a visit to the McArthur Glen Outlet in Roermond today. No RRL, as expected, but found this classic (?) that I could not leave behind (and will probably never wear):

Attachments

• IMG_3854.png
    IMG_3854.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.