• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right, and maybe its the lining, but yeah, I wear a M in all RRL shirts, sometimes a S, and M in all their outerwear. As I said, it fit me fine with a denim shirt, zipped easily, but I could tell if I wore anything layered, like sweater, etc., that thing would have been way too snug
Tried the oilcloth jacket and see what you mean about slim fit. Chest was voluminous but waist was super snug.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried a bunch of stuff on in store. I’m usually between L/XL outerwear.

Oilcloth leather yoke jacket. Oddly generous chest but tight waist. Usually a L would work but XL fit much better.

Suede elbow patch sweater fit like other shawl sweaters.

Orange quilted overshirt L fit me. Not as generous as this season’s blue one with sw lining but still roomy.

Only tried L in the embroidered leather jacket. Definitely need an XL.

Green plaid fleece XL pretty generous. Didn’t try L.

Red shirt with shearling lining. L fit well.

Polo oilcloth motorcycle jacket could pass for RRL. L was too snug. XL fit well.

Buffalo hoodie . Different from typical hoodie material. Tighter knit, not as stretchy, heavier. Really like this. Some sweatshirts are using same material.

Picked up buffalo hoodie, a heavy knit logo T, and oilcloth hat.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Paisley shirt, buckle back field chinos to see U2 at the Sphere.
IMG_8091.jpeg

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried a bunch of stuff on in store. I’m usually between L/XL outerwear.

Oilcloth leather yoke jacket. Oddly generous chest but tight waist. Usually a L would work but XL fit much better.

Suede elbow patch sweater fit like other shawl sweaters.

Orange quilted overshirt L fit me. Not as generous as this season’s blue one with sw lining but still roomy.

Only tried L in the embroidered leather jacket. Definitely need an XL.

Green plaid fleece XL pretty generous. Didn’t try L.

Red shirt with shearling lining. L fit well.

Polo oilcloth motorcycle jacket could pass for RRL. L was too snug. XL fit well.

Buffalo hoodie . Different from typical hoodie material. Tighter knit, not as stretchy, heavier. Really like this. Some sweatshirts are using same material.

Picked up buffalo hoodie, a heavy knit logo T, and oilcloth hat.
The orange fleece hoodie with the buffalo logo on the front? I hadn't seen that but went and found it on the site, and might have to look for it when I'm in store in a few weeks. Looks good online, hopefully it holds up in person.

subdivide

Reaction score
Yes, I think Uncle Ralph does want you back! I also grabbed a hardcopy of the catalog in the store about a week ago. As I mentioned previously, there is not a single written word inside the entire lookbook other than on the cover page. Outstanding! Curious if your mailed copy has the ”price guide” at the very end of the collection? Unlike the official PDF copy previously posted, all the hard copies I saw have no price guide at the end but there are two additional pages at the center with extra photos. I have to believe it’s a mistake since there are extra blank white pages where the price guide should be found at the end. Nice work Ralph! Now who‘s in charge of merchandizing again …. hmmm?

Full Disclosure: a former NYC SA (who I used to deal with) is now primarily an artist (superpower) and she worked on the lookbook photo shoot project. Earlier this year she posted IG photos of RRL jeans being stressed in the dirt on location and said …. Shhhhh. Giddy up cowgirl 🤠
No copy inside the book = Outstanding? I can't tell if your intention is to be ironic here.

Personally, I enjoy RRL product descriptions that name or detail the processes, materials, or trims. Can't think of another company that shares composed details of their clothing design process as part of the marketing. I've always liked the color and wash names they come up with, too. Respect to the writing team!

qNBYZ08MCl57nISL3m_MA5Cd5h2Z-PslRdeadrWmJbo.png

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Fall 20% discount on selected products landed in Europe (or the Netherlands) at least. 37 items of RRL included. Nothing I was waiting for unfortunately.

McSp

Reaction score
Fall 20% discount on selected products landed in Europe (or the Netherlands) at least. 37 items of RRL included. Nothing I was waiting for unfortunately.
It seems only in the Netherlands... I'd like to understand how the hell they plan sales in Europe

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The orange fleece hoodie with the buffalo logo on the front? I hadn't seen that but went and found it on the site, and might have to look for it when I'm in store in a few weeks. Looks good online, hopefully it holds up in person.
That’s the one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads