• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful boots. But, 100 pair of footwear? You must have shoes that almost never get worn.
Never and almost never. Though I love pulling a new pair out of the vault and wearing them for the first time to a new place. Mostly I scuff around in a pair of cooked converse lows lol.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Ordered these, to be delivered tomorrow - interested to see how green they will look in person. Been wanting a green/olive jean for a minute now. But not 100% sold on the online pictures. A few pairs of denim I've got from RRL have had a pretty different look in person compared to the still photos.
I’m disappointed that they’ve started doing the slim fits with a zip fly. If these were button fly I would pick them up without hesitation. I just hate zippers, particularly on denim.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Phew. I have the roughouts and ropers already. These are interesting. I might hit em for half that price but I’d still be debating that much ornamentation on a black boot. I wouldn’t dress it up, personally, it would have to be strictly casual-that’s just me. I won’t own more than one pair of black cowboy boots. Then I’d have to ignore all of Lucchese’s $700 MIA black suede and calf offerings. I’m sure Rios makes black boots even cheaper. Maybe if they were brown, idk. Also on the fence with the brogueing. Yeah, ima wait on these. There sure is something enticing about them though.

Yeah, maybe its just me, but that broguing just looks way out of place on a pair of western style boots. Kind of like seeing some Adidas sripes down the side of a pair of tuxedo trousers.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m disappointed that they’ve started doing the slim fits with a zip fly. If these were button fly I would pick them up without hesitation. I just hate zippers, particularly on denim.

I am thinking they probably aren't selvedge, since they've done the zip fly on their non-selvedge jeans pretty much forever.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe its just me, but that broguing just looks way out of place on a pair of western style boots. Kind of like seeing some Adidas sripes down the side of a pair of tuxedo trousers.
Yeah Thom Brown.

DandySF

Reaction score
I see there's an extra 30% off selected RRL sale items on the Ralph Lauren site. Finally ordered this, which I've been eyeing for some time.

empty.gif

Attachments

• s7-1464572_lifestyle.jpeg
    s7-1464572_lifestyle.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 100

Aieyric

Reaction score
I see there's an extra 30% off selected RRL sale items on the Ralph Lauren site. Finally ordered this, which I've been eyeing for some time.

empty.gif
Is that on the American site ?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

empty.gif

That one is a nice one, but another where the S was too small and the M too large, ugh.. Enjoy, the colors are fantastic

Mollysdad

Reaction score
While I like the small business vibe of snake oil provisions, these rios / RRL black roughout suedes are too much at $990 —

DandySF

Reaction score
Maybe I got the 30% off because I am registered on the site with an account. I suspect if you called, you might get the discount.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Maybe I got the 30% off because I am registered on the site with an account. I suspect if you called, you might get the discount.
I too am registered. The way I read your post it was 30% off, then an additional 30% off of that - which would be decent, but doesn’t seem to be the case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics