• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Hey all. I picked up a pair of the Slim Fit Otisfield Selvedge Jeans in 31 only because the pictures I saw of models wearing them made them look a lot straighter and less slim than they are. Typically I wear straight jeans, usually Drake's or Blackhorse Lane. I like a slimmer straight than these brands offer which is why I tried RRL for the first time. Holy **** though these are skinny as ****. Does anybody know if they will stretch and fill in a little bit? I know jeans do stretch somewhat (usually in my case too much) so I am hoping these begin looking a little less like skater jeans and straighter.

Jeans purchased: https://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/en/slim-fit-otisfield-selvedge-jean-493767.html?dwvar493767_colorname=Otisfield Wash&cgid=men-clothing-jeans#start=1&cgid=men-clothing-jeans

Jeans:
Honestly, they look great! They are a lighter weight I think than other slim fits and could stretch a tad, but they’ll bounce back after a wash or soak. They look great and fit you well in my opinion. It’s not skinny like the slim narrows and look as intended.

braiden_j

Reaction score
Jeans usually only stretch out in the waistband from my experience. Also, I don't think the jeans look bad. Looks like it could be part of some palewave fits.
I have had a few pairs that loosened up in the thigh and leg, I was just wondering if RRL's offerings did; I am totally new to their denim. Like an idiot I let my wife unpackage the box and tear the tags off when I was at the store. I just hope they do loosen up because most of my clothes are loosely fitting.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Idk. I like it but I feel like Authur Morgan. 50/50

Maybe with a mask you could do Bane?

That jacket is awesome but I would never wear it. Seattle is too wet and not cold enough to get much wear out of it but for those 2 or 3 dry cold days it would be awesome.

Athos_22

Reaction score
I have had a few pairs that loosened up in the thigh and leg, I was just wondering if RRL's offerings did; I am totally new to their denim. Like an idiot I let my wife unpackage the box and tear the tags off when I was at the store. I just hope they do loosen up because most of my clothes are loosely fitting.
I was in the same boat as you when I purchased my first pair of slim RRL jeans a few years ago - they were surprisingly tight in the thigh area. I decided to stick with them and they did loosen up quite a bit. Now they are perfectly comfortable and among my favorite jeans. My pair is slim selvedge one wash, not sure if yours are going to stretch as much as they are more heavily washed than mine. But I guess you should be fine if you don't mind the tightness for the first few weeks. Also, most of the stretch is going to be in the seat/thigh area where the fabric is under stress. If you find them too slim below the knee, that probably won't change with time. Anyhow, I think they look good on you in the picture you posted.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Faux shearling lined jacket, low straights, vibergs, carhartt hat
fauxshearlingjacket.jpg

braiden_j

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you when I purchased my first pair of slim RRL jeans a few years ago - they were surprisingly tight in the thigh area. I decided to stick with them and they did loosen up quite a bit. Now they are perfectly comfortable and among my favorite jeans. My pair is slim selvedge one wash, not sure if yours are going to stretch as much as they are more heavily washed than mine. But I guess you should be fine if you don't mind the tightness for the first few weeks. Also, most of the stretch is going to be in the seat/thigh area where the fabric is under stress. If you find them too slim below the knee, that probably won't change with time. Anyhow, I think they look good on you in the picture you posted.
Thank you. By chance do you have a photo of the jeans you are referring to being worn so I can see how they stretch out?

mykii2704

Reaction score
Looking at the new Spring items, all I can say is "wow". RRL have hiked prices, a lot, in just the last few years. I know there isn't anything else "quite like it", but at these prices, I'm out...

$995 for a normal cotton blend cardigan?
$700 for an applied logo on a sweater?

It's just too much for the quality received, even if it is stylistically still relatively unique.

tweedlover

Reaction score
Looking at the new Spring items, all I can say is "wow". RRL have hiked prices, a lot, in just the last few years. I know there isn't anything else "quite like it", but at these prices, I'm out...

It's just too much for the quality received, even if it is stylistically still relatively unique.
Love the look of a lot of their pieces. But have also long thought that many of the items are ridiculously over-priced. That would be even more true for the RL purple line which I also like.

alex99

Reaction score

I bought a pair of the High Slim Faded Tan Jeans on sale for $279.00. The retail price is $395.00. This is for zip fly, non selvedge denim. I just can't figure out the reasoning or justification for that retail price. Even the sales price seems quite high to me.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member