• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
I'll have them patched. I'm not too worried about how the repairs will look--they're slightly distressed as new, anyway. My concern is if it's going to keep happening at other stress points. I'm not cheap but I can't tell you how long it took me to drop the coin on a pair of these and I am disappointed.

do you have a top load or front load washer?

have you considered a fabric bag?

something is pulling and tugging…

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Someone asked for photos. Officer's Chinos, purchased new. The split at the base of the fly happened after two washings, maybe 5 days of wear. The pocket, another 3 or 4 washings, 6 or 7 wears. Drip dried always. If they're four months old I'd be amazed.

that crotch blowout is unfortunate 🤣🤣💭

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I can't believe it's the laundry. Newish top loader, without an agitator. I use a lingerie bag for my socks (amazing how few I lose since I started doing that) and feel like I'm pretty good at laundry. I wash these trousers by themselves and hang them to dry. I've got many years-old shirts that I machine wash and drip dry--even things like BB no-irons and Filson flannels and denim--and have never had an issue like this.

I was blaming the crotch blowout on my massive unit, but I'm Irish-Catholic so we all know that's bullshit. And then, when it happened in the back.....

mfbnyc

Reaction score
Someone asked for photos. Officer's Chinos, purchased new. The split at the base of the fly happened after two washings, maybe 5 days of wear. The pocket, another 3 or 4 washings, 6 or 7 wears. Drip dried always. If they're four months old I'd be amazed.
The crotch blow happens regularly with certain of their pants. This was discussed on this forum a couple of years ago.

A friend who worked for RRL for a long time but no longer does told me that it has something to do with their fabrics being heavily pre-washed/weathered. The idea is that the fabric threads are actually weaker than the seams, so the pressure on movement moves to the fabric from the seam. "I'm no biologist," so I don't know if that's what's going on. But in my experience it does happen more with the pre-washed fabrics than with the rigid ones.

So be careful (a) getting in/out of cars, (b) picking up dog poop, (c) swinging your leg over a horse, and (d) standing still doing nothing.

carlos20co

Reaction score
Bowery boots conditioned and polished.
F24296E7-AEE6-4D6F-ADAC-0869349093EE.jpeg

2C94963A-3DE2-48F4-9A9A-8D0A0990DB9D.jpeg

carlos20co

Reaction score
there’s a pair on eBay I have been looking at. Do you know who makes them? Are you happy with them?
These ones are made by Cheaney, I’m really happy with them, I got them on eBay too. The last is wide but works good for my regular width feet. I wish I could get a pair in brown. I’ve seen some models with brogueing that look awesome.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
The crotch blow happens regularly with certain of their pants. This was discussed on this forum a couple of years ago.

A friend who worked for RRL for a long time but no longer does told me that it has something to do with their fabrics being heavily pre-washed/weathered. The idea is that the fabric threads are actually weaker than the seams, so the pressure on movement moves to the fabric from the seam. "I'm no biologist," so I don't know if that's what's going on. But in my experience it does happen more with the pre-washed fabrics than with the rigid ones.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
I have them. Really love them. Solid construction and beautiful leather! Let me know if you have any specific questions on them.

thank you 🙏🏽 Just surprised they were selling for $163 on clearance - what a bargain 🔥

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
novasty