• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RamiJ

Reaction score
Question for the group... I picked up the Suede Chore jacket from the last sale (it's a beaut) and wondering if you all would protect the suede in any way or let role and distress further over time. Any specific product you would use on suede or bad idea?

heebalabala

Reaction score
The pics on Matches are closer to what it looks like.
User review on Ralph site indicates it fits smol but I think it fits tts or slightly big.
Very interesting styling of that jacket on Matches. Anybody feeling elastic waist trousers and suede hikers?

1340366_6.jpg

heebalabala

Reaction score
Question for the group... I picked up the Suede Chore jacket from the last sale (it's a beaut) and wondering if you all would protect the suede in any way or let role and distress further over time. Any specific product you would use on suede or bad idea?
I might be the wrong guy to ask about this but I'll share my opinion for what it's worth. I'll qualify it by saying I don't have suede jackets or clothing, just shoes and boots.

I'm in the camp of not treating suede, or even protecting it from the elements. I'm wearing a pair of suede boots in some of the pics I've shared here. I've never treated them. They're stained with indigo from raw denim, I've worn them in the rain, and tromped in mud. I give them a brush every once in a while and that's about it. It works with my lifestyle and I don't worry about it.

My wife, on the other hand, treats suede as a very precious thing. She recoils in horror at the way I treat my suede. I've tried to get her to come around to my side but I don't think I'll get her there. But that's OK -- she's more polished than I am, and live and let live. It works for her lifestyle, and I don't mind waiting a few extra minutes when she wants to change shoes because it's raining.

So there's not a "right" answer here -- go with your gut and what works for your lifestyle, is my suggestion. Either way, enjoy that sweet jacket!!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RRL selvedge denim jacket, based on the Lee 101/Riders jacket.

RRL has a washed version in the current season that I would like to see in person -- has anyone checked it out?

View attachment 1574689

I unearthed my made in usa selvedge jacket like yours from the my summer stack of stuff and compared it against the current season washed jacket. The styling details match up pretty well but the washed one is slightly bigger. Pit 2 Pit is about an inch more. Sleeve and body length are about the same.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
protect man

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I might be the wrong guy to ask about this but I'll share my opinion for what it's worth. I'll qualify it by saying I don't have suede jackets or clothing, just shoes and boots.

I'm in the camp of not treating suede, or even protecting it from the elements. I'm wearing a pair of suede boots in some of the pics I've shared here. I've never treated them. They're stained with indigo from raw denim, I've worn them in the rain, and tromped in mud. I give them a brush every once in a while and that's about it. It works with my lifestyle and I don't worry about it.

My wife, on the other hand, treats suede as a very precious thing. She recoils in horror at the way I treat my suede. I've tried to get her to come around to my side but I don't think I'll get her there. But that's OK -- she's more polished than I am, and live and let live. It works for her lifestyle, and I don't mind waiting a few extra minutes when she wants to change shoes because it's raining.

So there's not a "right" answer here -- go with your gut and what works for your lifestyle, is my suggestion. Either way, enjoy that sweet jacket!!

I sort of agree with this. For lighter colored suede loafers I'll spray stain protector on them when new and if I ever remember to years later. Boots I may spray when new if I remember but I usually don't bother. Boots I'll wear in the rain.

Suede jackets I might spray the inside of the collar to protect against skin oils if you often wear shirts with no collar but otherwise wouldn't do anything.

noretailplease

Reaction score

scotchgard

heebalabala

Reaction score
I unearthed my made in usa selvedge jacket like yours from the my summer stack of stuff and compared it against the current season washed jacket. The styling details match up pretty well but the washed one is slightly bigger. Pit 2 Pit is about an inch more. Sleeve and body length are about the same.
Appreciate it. That makes sense -- I think the selvedge was a slim fit because I sized up from my usual size.

Did you see the selvedge trucker was moved up to RLPL this season, made in Italy from stretch Japanese denim, for a cool $1k?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tee it high and let it fly. It will look better with some stains and fades.

-DL

mugenlove

Reaction score
Tarrago nano spray - once a year if you’re trying to keep it crispy

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Appreciate it. That makes sense -- I think the selvedge was a slim fit because I sized up from my usual size.

Did you see the selvedge trucker was moved up to RLPL this season, made in Italy from stretch Japanese denim, for a cool $1k?

Interesting. I rarely even look at the purple label stuff.
Makes RRL seem bargain priced.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday was considering the puffy hooded parka. Had to call in to a webex meeting and when I came back it was OOS in my size.
s7-1375133_lifestyle

I had also been considering the furry hood parka and managed to convince myself I needed it no matter how overkill it is for Seattle winters and ordered it.
s7-1375134_lifestyle

And of course this morning I checked and the red puffy hooded parka was back in stock so I ordered that too.
I tell myself, assuming they both actually ship, I'll return one of them. We'll see how that actually goes.

I also ordered the wool twill peacoat but unless the fit is funky I know I'll keep that.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veeloboostmale