• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Shop the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WaltDud

Reaction score
Late to the henley discussion but my go-to henleys are from Faherty. I only use them for layering so no need for anything more than basic fabrics.

Quality is great and the weights are ideal for warmer Houston/Southwest US climates. They have seasonal short-sleeve 100% linen henleys available right now that are awesome, particularly the "natural" color.

Might have to stimulate the economy on that linen; it looks incredible. I've just been wearing tank tops under my workshirts/flannels but henleys are always the upgrade.

WaltDud

Reaction score
RRL Western from last season I think and the limited edition ivory pants from some time back, Belstaff chukkas

IMG_4988.png

kurdo

Reaction score
A couple things about that shirt. It's not really what I'd call denim. It's soft and slightly stretchy. Also those pockets, although quite large, are not very useful. A pro max sized iphone will fall out fairly easily. I do like the piece though.
Received that shirt/jacket today.

You weren't kidding about those pockets being "not very useful". I thought those were some very deep pockets with top opening – I did not expect them to be shallow side pockets.

Not sure if I'll return it though. I got it for +/- 45% off (30% off from the sale + another 20% off using a cashback website), so it's at least a decent deal. And like you, despite the dumb pockets, I kinda like the jacket.

zmars

Reaction score
Today's GQ: The Bear Just Spotlighted Another Extremely Sick Jacket

I'm probably the only person on earth who hasn't gotten around to The Bear yet, but looks like Jeremy Allen White is rocking the cotton deck jacket this season. Wonder if this is going to put RRL on more people's radar? I know other brands surged in popularity after prior seasons.

noretailplease

Reaction score

I'm probably the only person on earth who hasn't gotten around to The Bear yet, but looks like Jeremy Allen White is rocking the cotton deck jacket this season. Wonder if this is going to put RRL on more people's radar? I know other brands surged in popularity after prior seasons.
This is great. I have a prior RRL deck jacket which literally looks like this one repeated. After a while, the classics stay the same.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I’ve seen articles mentioning the Merz b Schwann white T-shirts he wears on the show. There was an article about heavy white T-shirts in the Washington Post a couple weeks ago.

From the WaPo article. I wonder who they're talking about.
Vlagos, Klacza’s colleague at Independence, believes the trend is also a vestige of the early 2010s, when menswear went through a somewhat costume-y workwear phase, taking all-too-earnest cues from laborers of bygone eras such as 19th-century railway workers.

Last edited:

zmars

Reaction score
Also hilarious that they characterize it as some bygone "2010s phase," when (I feel) heritage workwear has come back stronger than ever. On the street, social media, YouTube... it's everywhere. People are wearing it and talking about it. The zoomers are real into it, too. Definitely The Bear helped usher it in, and for sure Yellowstone too, and maybe Derek Guy becoming Twitter's darling. It's in the zeitgeist.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowerBackPain