• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the oversized mega shorts and returned them. they aren't the pic the model wears. Doshaburi has them and they are hideous if you want an idea of how they really look

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is it just me or DRKSHDW ramones when out of the box reek of a smell similar to bug spray?

i have the vegan ones and there is a light smell, idk what it is but i don't care either... new CCP have intense leather smell so i'm forgiving.

CH03

Reaction score
Maybe this is a noob question, but - at this point - what is the actual difference between 100% cotton mainline pods and 100% cotton drkshdw pods?

Edit: Also, can anyone speak to the differences between 'Drop Shorts' and Pods?

Last edited:

eqqy

Reaction score
Maybe this is a noob question, but - at this point - what is the actual difference between 100% cotton mainline pods and 100% cotton drkshdw pods?

It really depends on the specific fabric of the mainline ones but most of them look a lot lighter and thinner. The DRKSHDW RIG jersey is crazy thick.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drkshdw is kinda cheapy sweatpant cotton jersey, mainline is super tightly woven cotton that is fairly thin, and marks easily because fabric is very crisp. It's definitely a more expensive fabric if you are buying from a mill and makes sense to be differentiated from drkshdw cotton. I have mainline pants and like the fabric, but cant imagine it aging well if after a single wear gets shiny and white marks all over it.

eqqy

Reaction score
drkshdw is kinda cheapy sweatpant cotton jersey, mainline is super tightly woven cotton that is fairly thin, and marks easily because fabric is very crisp. It's definitely a more expensive fabric if you are buying from a mill and makes sense to be differentiated from drkshdw cotton. I have mainline pants and like the fabric, but cant imagine it aging well if after a single wear gets shiny and white marks all over it.

Most of the S/S weight mainline stuff is way too f̶l̶i̶m̶s̶y̶ luxurious for me. I got some cropped pants this year that were really nice and well-constructed but were just going to get destroyed by sitting on concrete or having a cat walk across my lap. Ended up sending them back. The F/W blends I've handled do seem a lot more robust though.

DRKSHDW on the other hand, while being a lot cheaper feeling, is meant to actually be worn frequently by normal people. That's like half the point of its existence, right? More streetwear designs, yeah, but also in fabrics that can withstand daily wear.

MondaiNai

Reaction score

Edit: Also, can anyone speak to the differences between 'Drop Shorts' and Pods?
Can you link where you've seen 100% cotton mainline pods? I don't ever recall seeing 100% mainline pods. Difference with mainline and drkshdw will be materials used. Mainlne usually would be wool, wool/mohair blend, silk, leather, cashmere, etc. Is it 97%cotton 3%elastane?

curiouscharles

Reaction score

Can you link where you've seen 100% cotton mainline pods? I don't ever recall seeing 100% mainline pods. Difference with mainline and drkshdw will be materials used. Mainlne usually would be wool, wool/mohair blend, silk, leather, cashmere, etc. Is it 97%cotton 3%elastane?  

we stocked 100% cotton mainline pods for SS16, and i purchased a pair of 100% cotton mainline pods last year [SS15] from Idol.

material is one thing, weave is a WHOLE 'nother thing.

DRKSHDW's got some better 100% cotton weaves coming for FW16, as well as SS17 - as opposed to the silly pyjama shorts woven 100% cotton people are used to [poplin for FW16, and twill / canvas for SS17].

Last edited:

sneakerbearz

Reaction score
SS16 do have 100% cotton mainline pods, one is very thin cotton. one is more like seersucker. both really thin and comfy.

Yexu5y

Reaction score
Does anyone have a padded bomber jacket or any padded RO jacket in general? TTS or size up?

KA1555

Reaction score
If anyone's interested: I purchased this Rick Owens Bomber from LN-CC in a size 48 at a pretty crazy price ($598), but it doesn't fit quite the way I'd want it to.

Still has tags and everything (I just tried it on once in my apartment), but LN-CC appears to be refunding me less than I paid, so I'd prefer to simply sell it rather than return it and take a loss. I'd be willing to sell it to anyone here on SF at the price I paid + shipping and PP fees. It's a size 48. PM me if interested (and in the event that this sort of post is frowned upon, just let me know and I'll delete).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads