• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if sizing down would work, I know Calculus had a M but they sold out. I'm usually a 33/34/L and these are Memphis pods in M, they are still loose in the waist but the rest is already pretty slim.

Espresto

Reaction score
Whoops! I forgot that someone from Calculus posts here regularly. I guess M is already technically a size down for you. Hope you find what you're looking for!

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Especially when the shoulders scale by 1/2" and the chest by 2" each size you go up. I'm not sure 1/2" is going to make all that much difference in the shoulders.

I just looked on ssense at their black cyclops and stooges jackets that are on sale; the difference between shoulders on 50 and 52 on the former was .25 inches (up to a whopping 17.25"), and on the latter it was ... zero inches, also maxing out at 17". Whereas the 52 mollino is 18" and the 52 *grey* stooges is 17.78". Is he ******* with us?

curiouscharles

Reaction score

I just looked on ssense at their black cyclops and stooges jackets that are on sale; the difference between shoulders on 50 and 52 on the former was .25 inches (up to a whopping 17.25"), and on the latter it was ... zero inches, also maxing out at 17". Whereas the 52 mollino is 18" and the 52 *grey* stooges is 17.78". Is he ******* with us?

i'd be wary of trusting any of those measurements, simply due to how much volume of inventory they deal with the probability of human error is insanely high.

Last edited:

gustavobradley

Reaction score
Yeah, ssense measurements can be pretty sketchy sometimes. I'm sure it was a glitch, but there was a women's Ann D top where they listed the shoulders as being 0cm, and the size 40 as smaller than the size 36 haha.

Last edited:

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, makes sense.

I've noticed that the shoulders seem narrow even on the models, often, which makes me wonder if they might not work out (though it's not like the models have to actually move a lot to be photographed). Too bad there doesn't seem to be anyone stocking Rick leather stuff in San Francisco (kind of surprisingly).

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I could really use some help. I'm fairly certain that I've been sold a counterfeit intarsia. Could anyone authenticate the jacket for me, or point me towards someone who could? I would be eternally grateful.

I've compiled an album comparing what I received to an authentic intarsia: http://imgur.com/a/EydCx

Last edited:

gustavobradley

Reaction score

Hey everyone, I could really use some help. I'm fairly certain that I've been sold a counterfeit intarsia. Could anyone authenticate the jacket for me, or point me towards someone who could? I would be eternally grateful. I've compiled an album comparing what I received to an authentic intarsia: http://imgur.com/a/EydCx
That seems odd. I know the square placket has shown up on older season ones but I would still be wary. If no one here can help, I'd post in one of the Rick b/s/t groups on Facebook.

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

Yeah, ssense measurements can be pretty sketchy sometimes. I'm sure it was a glitch, but there was a women's Ann D top where they listed the shoulders as being 0cm, and the size 40 as smaller than the size 36 haha.

It's true. I've ordered things where the measurements don't live up to what they actually are.

Gustave

Reaction score
@Gustave

I have one of the older blistered leather bombers - mine is same as the one on Mr Porter. The body is long enough to reach my wrist and sleeves are super long. I haven't seen any that are like the jumbo long bombers though.

@cloonz
That one on Mr.Porter and the older ones look better to me. The blistered leather bomber in recent seasons are all raglan shoulders/sleeves...
Did you go size up with your one? or the older one are fit true to size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads