• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

fishtacologin

Reaction score
I'm an 8.5~9 in nike, 41 in cps, 42 in mmm gats. I owned a pair of 41 geos from fw13 and currently own a pair of 40 ramones from fw14. I probably could've taken a 40 in the geos instead, as I had plenty of room left in the toebox. The ramones were a little tight in width but loosened up enough after a few wears that they fit perfectly.

S0LJAH

Reaction score
other than the panel detailing and different neck options what are the difference between the intarsia and sternberg jackets?

are they basically the same cut?

fishtacologin

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with dye from leather leaking into the soles of rick sneakers and turning them pink? I think this was an issue with FW13 and FW14 right? Can it be fixed / is it very likely to happen to sneakers from those seasons?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no those are just beat to **** ricks

foiegras99

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with dye from leather leaking into the soles of rick sneakers and turning them pink? I think this was an issue with FW13 and FW14 right? Can it be fixed / is it very likely to happen to sneakers from those seasons?
Yes it happened to mine (fw14) in a big way, soles are very pink.

fishtacologin

Reaction score
Yes it happened to mine (fw14) in a big way, soles are very pink.
Damn. Thanks for the response. I've got a pair of ramones from that season that I'm worried about it happening to. I saw some pink on the sidewall of the soles the other day (just a little) and thought it might be the dye issue.

Any idea what caused it? Were you able to fix it or do you just deal with it?

Last edited:

singsong

Reaction score
I have some huge thighs from powerlifting for a few years, while I don't hit em hard at the gym any more I still need pants that accommodate them and I have a hard time tracking down jeans. Putting some time into building a new wardrobe and so far for jeans I have a pair of 19cm Dior in 36 and a pair of Margiela slim cut in 52 that both fit my legs great. Gonna have to get them hemmed and get some work done on the waist so they fit better around my hips (diors in particular just fall off without a belt, but legs wouldn't fit in a size smaller).

I wanted to add some Rick denim for the third and final pair (goal with this total wardrobe revamp is to just have a few of each staple piece that I love). However from product shots on websites I see skin tight detroit, and detroit sitting in the way I want (akin to the looser upsized 19cm). I have some Berlin cut coming in but it was an impulse buy and I fear that they would need to be fully reworked by a tailor to get the fit I'm looking for.

No places around here to try rick on, should I just order some 18" waist Detroit and try them out? It seems like the cut that I want from certain pictures, but the skin tight model shots throws me off. Is torrence the cut? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
another ***** blaming waist size on thighs

singsong

Reaction score
hah I only use the 18" waist measurement since that's around the size the dior and margiela that fit my legs are. If anything my fat is distributed in a muffin top above my slimmer waist.

e: while I'm at it kunk, most of your tops are XL? We have similar upper body builds and I've ordered some large drkshdw tops that might be too tight on reflection...

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah some drkshdw i have is xl, some is xxl. rick mainline size large stretches to fit better than xl but they start out kind tight. some of the denser cotton used on drkshdw stuff is unforgiving so large might be too small for you

i can fit in a 34 detroit and a 33 berlin but i've had to go to 36 on some models of devices. I'm not convinced anyone even measures this **** when they product it.

Last edited:

singsong

Reaction score
yeah some drkshdw i have is xl, some is xxl. rick mainline size large stretches to fit better than xl but they start out kind tight. some of the denser cotton used on drkshdw stuff is unforgiving so large might be too small for you

i can fit in a 34 detroit and a 33 berlin but i've had to go to 36 on some models of devices. I'm not convinced anyone even measures this **** when they product it.

Awesome thanks. Yeah I don't understand the lack of measurements on niche luxury goods like this, you'd think at least on Ricks own webshop someone would have taken 5mins per product to supply some basic measurements or a fit guide.

The berlin I ordered are 34 so they will fit for sure since I usually do 33 in straight leg jeans. Hopefully I can trade the drkshdw I bought, and will probably just end up getting a pair of detroit sz 36 to try out. XL+ stuff on Rakuten seems to be going for a fair price so I'll probably just camp there to cop ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads