• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DL Shirts usually go on sale. I've gotten them as low as $140 in store on sale to about $300 retail with a code.. Wouldn't necessarily pay over $400 for one but they are noticeably nicer. Single layer cotton shirts are great too though and the level silk blend shirts are great bang for buck. Bamboo shirts are trash for the most part IMO, and they are made of much cheaper synthetics than the viscose tee's. I have a bamboo shirt that I picked up this season and it literally smells the minute sweat hits the shirt and has gotten some weird staining in certain areas. It hasn't reached rag status yet but I use it for lazying about or sleeping in. I would probably even go for Drkshdw cotton over the bamboo personally.

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
DL Shirts usually go on sale. I've gotten them as low as $140 in store on sale to about $300 retail with a code.. Wouldn't necessarily pay over $400 for one but they are noticeably nicer. Single layer cotton shirts are great too though and the level silk blend shirts are great bang for buck. Bamboo shirts are trash for the most part IMO, and they are made of much cheaper synthetics than the viscose tee's. I have a bamboo shirt that I picked up this season and it literally smells the minute sweat hits the shirt and has gotten some weird staining in certain areas. It hasn't reached rag status yet but I use it for lazying about or sleeping in. I would probably even go for Drkshdw cotton over the bamboo personally.

Great information. I spent some time grinding websites looking for a deal on DL shirts and I found a few different iterations.

Ink has a DL shirt form SS14 with silk blend, the back seam looks straight rather than asymmetrical, no stacking no "unstable" look

LN-CC has a Pre-SS15 DL that is listed as 100% Bamboo, the back seam does look to be asymmetrical and has a slight "unstable" look.

ssense has a DL shirt SS15 that is 100% cotton which has the classic "unstable" look

or maybe they are all the same shirt... just styled differently with different fabrics. as of right now the 100% cotton looks like the best of the 3 styles.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great information. I spent some time grinding websites looking for a deal on DL shirts and I found a few different iterations.

Ink has a DL shirt form SS14 with silk blend, the back seam looks straight rather than asymmetrical, no stacking no "unstable" look

LN-CC has a Pre-SS15 DL that is listed as 100% Bamboo, the back seam does look to be asymmetrical and has a slight "unstable" look.

ssense has a DL shirt SS15 that is 100% cotton which has the classic "unstable" look

or maybe they are all the same shirt... just styled differently with different fabrics. as of right now the 100% cotton looks like the best of the 3 styles.

The unstable I believe is just due to the cotton not the Asymmetrical seam. The double layer shirts will stack regardless of the seam due to shirt never really ending to a hem.. it's basically one long ass sheet of cotton folder over and twisted and then cut into a tee. Regardless, If you're getting a double layer - go for 100% Cotton. Cotton Cashmere blends are nice too if you can find them.

Last edited:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I'm personally of the belief that I'd rather have 1 $400 shirt that I can wear every other day for a year or two rather than 4 $100 tee's that will turn to trash in a short time. I've picked up some John Elliott tee's that I thought were a bargain at $65 - $90 only to have them stretch out and lose shape and look ****** after a couple washes. The average for most tee's seems to sit in the $70 - $190 range, while the high fashion tee's go for about $300+ (Margiela, Raf, SLP, Givenchy, etc) and those certainly don't last as long as tee's i've seen Rick or others of that category produce.

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
I'm going to avoid the 100% bamboo altogether, I ordered the 2 viscose/silk colors ink had left in size S from SS14 and a SS15 100% cotton version at a better price from L'inde.

thanks for all the information @ExAngel

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't really wear a tshirt every other day though especially in the summer, if it's something I can wear frequently than I'm down to drop whatever amount, but for basics I just don't see the point. I guess you can wear the thicker double layer tees on top of something.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To each their own but double layer tee's are loooong and have a wide neck.. Not sure why you'd wear anything under them. Also, I don't mind wearing a shirt every other day. It literally takes me 3 minutes to hand wash and scrub a shirt off in the sink and hang dry. Shirts from Rick and others in the same vein take about an hour or two to dry so it's really never been a problem or inconvenient to rotate two super luxe and nice tees that I really like every other day. I guess if you are on the go a lot or do manual labor it's not worth it, but for someone like me that works at home and doesn't really like to think about what to wear everyday it works out well.

scanner

Reaction score
Crosspost from Should I or Shouldn't I:

I've been on the hunt for the perfect leather and still have not found it but wondering what you all think, Should I keep this Rick Intarsia - Chunky Calf Leather code LBO - or Keep my older Rick Mollino - Calf Leather, It's been through hell and back but its much thicker and tougher and feels like it could withstand almost anything.

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if it's either/or i would say stick with the mollino, to me the fit is a little better. both look pretty good though if that's an option

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Figure I may as well cross-post this over here. Semi-seriously thinking about picking this up:

Anybody handled anything in white lamb?

scanner

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Notwithit, I like that one a lot. I'm not a big fan of lamb but I really liked a recent WAYWT that CYC put up with a white Margiela. I think that one could look really cool after grabbing some scuffs and character. I also much prefer that collar, definitely much more than the moto. Might have to take a look at a black version of that.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would NOT buy it without knowing what i'm getting. Some of the white leathers are really nice and soft, some of them feel like painted plastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads