• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

KYeezy

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm looking to purchase my first pair of rick owens geobaskets, however I'm unsure as too which size I should be getting. Should I go TTS or a full size down? Been getting different answers from multiple sources.

cl smooth

Reaction score

Hey,

I'm looking to purchase my first pair of rick owens geobaskets, however I'm unsure as too which size I should be getting. Should I go TTS or a full size down? Been getting different answers from multiple sources. 

I went down .5

Maybe others can weigh in though

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

Hey,

I'd say go TTS on them. I wouldn't size down more than 0.5 of a size.

gunnerpunk

Reaction score

Hey,

I went true to size and they fit perfectly

KYeezy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input gentlemen's much appreciated!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Prudy

Reaction score
Those are really cool, man - I think I would wear something less fitted on top to balance them out a bit, but they are great.

I really like the black on black w/o laces as well - I also want to find a pair of the zip boots, the ones with the zipper running from front to back around the boot.

Joker007

Reaction score
Hey guys

New to the RO thread and still not 100% member of the family but it might happen next days.

Could need your advice before.

Pulled the trigger on a FW14 Stooges in heavy calf from Mr. Porter (UK) during sale. First of all, the heavy calf is really nice/ incredible and convincing from the first touch.

Based on the size advice given often here, I sized up from my usual size 48 (in nearly everything) to size 50. When trying on my disappointment was big...the jacket is....tight.
It is tight in the back and it is really hard to close. Even if I'm only wearing a T or a T with a shirt best option is to let it open. Hoodie under closed jacket? No way.

Unbelievable but true, I had the luck to get it in 52 a few days later (hopefully it will arrive...), so I will have the chance to make a comparison and post some pics for your review.

Nevertheless I'm wondering as the general advice (even at Mr. Porter) is always to size up one size. Therefore I would like to know your experiences with the Stooges.

I'm
size 5'10
weight 155-160lb (roughly)
chest 40-41 (roughly)

Any help appreciated.

Reg.,

Joker

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LOL we already had a good laugh in the waywt thread about this... :lol:
Got the grail today, a FW14 (Moody) Bauhaus heavy calf RU14F2768/LCW. My first Rick leather, been wanting this for some time - let me know what you think of the fit. Cheers.
looks good enjoy
Hey guys New to the RO thread and still not 100% member of the family but it might happen next days. Could need your advice before. Pulled the trigger on a FW14 Stooges in heavy calf from Mr. Porter (UK) during sale. First of all, the heavy calf is really nice/ incredible and convincing from the first touch. Based on the size advice given often here, I sized up from my usual size 48 (in nearly everything) to size 50. When trying on my disappointment was big...the jacket is....tight. It is tight in the back and it is really hard to close. Even if I'm only wearing a T or a T with a shirt best option is to let it open. Hoodie under closed jacket? No way. Unbelievable but true, I had the luck to get it in 52 a few days later (hopefully it will arrive...), so I will have the chance to make a comparison and post some pics for your review. Nevertheless I'm wondering as the general advice (even at Mr. Porter) is always to size up one size. Therefore I would like to know your experiences with the Stooges. I'm size 5'10 weight 155-160lb (roughly) chest 40-41 (roughly) Any help appreciated. Reg., Joker
**** dude a 50 should of fit you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads