• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - not really a surprise I guess.

Wonder if he'll maintain his namesake line and how the two will differ

hmm...what does that mean for ervell's brand?

So this could really work out. I remember a Vince bomber I tried out at Barneys about 4 or 5 years ago and I kick myself for not getting it. Vince stuff is a little soft, but I can see how a more severe 08-14 Ervell vibe would work here. Not sure how much creative control he would have but I could see a fall/winter catalog working well if he shines.

I hope his name brand stays. I'd like to see him revisit a more masculine aesthetic which we saw before. The fact that PE was military surplus-inspired and somewhat Swedish was appealing. More staples NOW.

Last edited:

John-Galt

Reaction score
I still don't have any of the maharam pieces. Can you post what you have? Is it like grey but up close kind of a checked black and white fabric?

Heads up there is a waterproof grey raincoat (not hooded) for sale for low $100s in size medium

So he made two. There is the industrial Maharam fabric with the elastic cuffs. It felt too coarse and ridged. Then there is a wool felt one. It is still rather coarse but very durable. I reached out to the team and confirmed that it is indeed a Maharam fabric. I'll currently in my other home but will post a pic once I return.

Marshals is going to get so much better

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if I can solicit on here but hit me up if you have any Ervell in L or XL (outerwear) or XL (anything else). Trying to get my winter wardrobe where I want it

I’m not sure if you’re still interested but I have a light grey club collar Oxford in XL. Still has tags on it (only tried on).

mcfly26

Reaction score
what happened to the brand this season? nothing stocked anywhere including their webstore - anyone has any insider info

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
Good timing considering how poorly his stuff is selling on grailed.

Seriously though
My best casual shirts? Ervell
My go to outerwear? Ervell mostly plus the occasional billy reid Bond Peacoat
Go to pants? Ervell maybe 30% of the time (mostly because I refuse to pay the denim prices)
All my baseball caps are Ervell.
Most of the pieces I want are Ervell but never in my size

90% of the compliments I get are for Ervell items I wear. Women have literally come up to me to touch the hem of the garment(drunk probably but still)

I just don’t get it - is menswear dead and replaced entirely by hyped pieces season by season? What happens when he starts designing for Vince? I truly will never understand how Ervell is still so under the radar after consistently producing garments of extremely high quality, with unmatched attention to detail and construction in interesting colors. Too subtle? Maybe the recent seasons have poisoned his brand?

I don’t know the guy but in frustrated for him. He’s been consistently ahead of the trends - maybe to his detriment? It’s weird seeing his ideas blow up seasons later with more visible brands. His pieces are an absolute steal at the pre owned prices

@mcfly26 east Dane has them I guess? I wonder if he’s going to have issues getting buyers for these recent seasons and will just be selling what the company itself can afford to produce and sell in house and on the Ervell site. Not sure. I knew some people who worked for him but most have moved on

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was issues in the past with the finances of the company. I don't have insider details but it was definitely more than heresay. From memory it was mostly about stores ordering pieces that weren't delivered and then not being refunded for those items. Which makes sense considering the issues with people ordering from the webstore and not getting things, or returning things and not get refunds. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his only problem. I mean, fashion is a hard business, clearly, and I don't think people have questioned his designs or abilities.

I wish the guy the best, I'm still a fan, but I really haven't had a desire to buy anything from the last few seasons except for more denim and that super cozy maharam coat from last winter.

Samir

Reaction score
After a foray into Schneider, I've basically realized all I want to wear is 2011-2014 Ervell. Agreed on the above sentiments that a lot of his recent stuff doesn't appeal much to me, but everything I own from previous years gets a ton of compliments from friends. So I basically scroll through eBay and Grailed looking for items that pop up.

Which reminds me - any of y'all offload jackets, knits, and shirts in S in the future, just holler.

sweetjesus

Reaction score
The turtleneck sweater is totally op. from some stock photos it seemed like it fit bigger than before but I'd say it's actually a bit smaller for a TTS fit. the alpaca also is less hairy. all i want to do now is write french crime novels and smoke cigarettes using this

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a foray into Schneider, I've basically realized all I want to wear is 2011-2014 Ervell. Agreed on the above sentiments that a lot of his recent stuff doesn't appeal much to me, but everything I own from previous years gets a ton of compliments from friends. So I basically scroll through eBay and Grailed looking for items that pop up.

Which reminds me - any of y'all offload jackets, knits, and shirts in S in the future, just holler.

This is me. I wear almost exclusively Ervell. In the recent article it brought up how some esteemed fashion critic called his work "future skinhead" and that makes sense to me, and was always the appeal. They're so well made that none have really fallen apart. I've re-dyed a few things, repaired a few stitches etc but a lot of his stuff is just built like a tank. There's something masculine about his work that stood out. The recent seasons are strange, but I'll always love his staples. Though, I fear his brand is over. He's not updating the site, he's not putting any effort into anything. Let's sit and wait to see what he does at Vince. I'll be buying as many pair of the standard jeans and shirts as I possibly can for as long as I can find them.

I stalk grailed and ebay for his work, and I've stocked a closet full of it.

John-Galt

Reaction score
There was issues in the past with the finances of the company. I don't have insider details but it was definitely more than heresay. From memory it was mostly about stores ordering pieces that weren't delivered and then not being refunded for those items. Which makes sense considering the issues with people ordering from the webstore and not getting things, or returning things and not get refunds. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his only problem. I mean, fashion is a hard business, clearly, and I don't think people have questioned his designs or abilities.

I wish the guy the best, I'm still a fan, but I really haven't had a desire to buy anything from the last few seasons except for more denim and that super cozy maharam coat from last winter.

I'm late to the party but just wanted to give my two cents. Every store I've spoke to mentions the same two things: people love the brand and deliveries are always late. The problem was that the deliveries would arrive well past the promised date. Items would arrive just a month before sales and that doesn't sit well with most stockists. Also, the brand wasn't responsive to messages from individuals or stores they worked with. You can understand how that would get frustrating quickly. I once received a bomber from a stockist with weird streaks in the weft of the fabric. The owner of the store kindly emailed Ervell for more informations and never got a response. I can understand individuals getting ignored but to do that to a business partner is just wrong.

Clearly Ervell has logistical issues with both manufacturing and supply chain. This problem only worsened when shirts were outsourced to Portugal. Its pretty sad to see the stockists drop to a select few. This is partly the reason I moved on from the brand. I've spoken to a few employees as well and they say the office is revolving door of interns. Last time I was in NY I got to meet Patrik, though I didn't get a chance to have the conversation I would have liked, it was obvious the brand was struggling. I wish him all the best and was delighted at his appointment at Vince. Ironic that Vince is on the decline as well but hopefully it gives PE the cashflow necessary to put more items into production. Hopefully he brings his attention to construction to the brand.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image1.jpeg I'm too shy to post on WAYWT, but thought I'd post an Ervell fit.

PE sweat
PE Standard jeans
80's martens 3-eyes
MMM ID bracelet
Extrema Ratio Black Talon :)

inmamy

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I just posted a bunch of older-season PE items that I think are pretty rare for sale. A couple are on B&S, but most are on gr@iled (under the same username). Includes the moleskin field coat from FW11, two brand new slub silk formal shirts (ivory and navy), and a blackwatch wool shirt. PM me here if interested.

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a size 33 pair of selvedge denim (recent preferable) they could measure for me? I’m trying to figure out if I need a 33 or a 32. I like my fits relatively slim and usually a 34

Thank you!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads