• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Damien Ding

Reaction score
Well, I saw someone talk about those shoes before, but it's different from these shoes with a rounded chunky sole. Thats what is interesting for me here. With that green worded black tag on the shoes it does look like postmans. Is it modified or something?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes
^nice choice, similarly I like the doc martens 3989 as a slightly chunkier alternative to the postmans. but the postmans are really great and super versatile. don't mind the shine (it's not so so glossy but I think it's nice actually) and I also do like how they look beat up. may want to use shoe trees though if the wrinknling bothers you. I don't.
not sure what "all-black deck's" means but no shoes were ever put into production except for a tiny run of the Aldo Rise aqua sock sneaker boot things from fw13, sold at a few Aldo stores apparently/supposedly. Ervell webstore never had stock of any except in size 11/12 from the runway show. fw14 runway shows were in-house modified red wing postmans.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenson had the Finbar a while back but don't make it anymore. Not sure why they keep insisting that the wedge shoes should always be brogues...

grenson_finbar_5237_11b_black_v02_1_2366f9fc-b0c0-4d00-94eb-806587b6ff72_grande.jpg

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
To follow up on what somebody had said previously, they are a modified version of the Red Wing Postman, which has some type of rubber strip - originally inteded for window pane treatment - tacked into the sole of the shoe. I was curious about those for a while, and if you look, you might find some on grailed or ebay. Because these were intended for runway, however, I am dubious about the ability to wear them around and have them stay intact.

Grock

Reaction score
The shoes as mentioned before are modified Red Wing Postmans. Ervell did an interview where he explained that he experimented with nailing window gaskets to the sole to make a thicker profile.

Some size 11 and 12 shoes were sold at the last couple samples sales. I bought a size 11 pair last year and have worn them out probably two times. They really aren't meant to be worn practically though; both times the nailed gasket started to separate from the sole. They look awesome though!

zzzzap

Reaction score
Is there any chance anyone has the tan jeans in 32 or knows where I can find them? My army jeans from a few seasons ago ripped :confused:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My army jeans from a few seasons ago ripped
confused.gif

No easy task. I wear nothing but, have a big ol' bubble butt and wear my stuff pretty hard and they've held up really well. How often do you wear them? Ride a bike by chance?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You are invited to join us at our studio for our first Annual Warehouse sale. Unboxing past season deadstock. 75 - 90% off retail prices.

Friday May 15th - Sunday May 17th. 11 - 6 PM. 35 Howard Street 4th floor. New York, NY 10013. Cash and credit accepted.

STRONGLY considering driving to NYC for this. Would prefer a proxy though
mwink[1].gif

PM me please if anybody is willing and able to proxy some XL/34-36/sports caps and ship them within NY state.

zzzzap

Reaction score

No easy task. I wear nothing but, have a big ol' bubble butt and wear my stuff pretty hard and they've held up really well. How often do you wear them? Ride a bike by chance?

These actually became my go to pants and I wore them a ton sometimes 3 - 4 times a week.

I recently moved into an apartment with a stacked washer dryer set up and I swear after air drying them from the wash they felt kinda brittle if that makes any sense? Put them on and just heard a terrible ripping sound.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads