• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

atcolv

Reaction score

Can you compare the fit of the current SS14 pocket sweater vs. the FW13 version? Same size in both?

yeah, i'd go for your regular size. the fit is pretty comparable, but, again, the cotton one will stretch easily, whereas the alpaca iteration retains its shape more fully.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this piece?

It's a large but the seller lists the pit-to-pit at 22.5", which seems about an inch bigger than usual (most of the Ervell sweaters I've seen in large have been 21-21.5" p2p).
Just wondering if it's an error/the way he measured it or if it does fit bigger than normal.
Thanks.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anybody know if the shoes, what looked to be all-black deck's were ever put into production?

thx.

not sure what "all-black deck's" means but no shoes were ever put into production except for a tiny run of the Aldo Rise aqua sock sneaker boot things from fw13, sold at a few Aldo stores apparently/supposedly. Ervell webstore never had stock of any except in size 11/12 from the runway show.

fw14 runway shows were in-house modified red wing postmans.

Last edited:

R300

Reaction score

not sure what "all-black deck's" means but no shoes were ever put into production except for a tiny run of the Aldo Rise aqua sock sneaker boot things from fw13, sold at a few Aldo stores apparently/supposedly. Ervell webstore never had stock of any except in size 11/12 from the runway show.

fw14 runway shows were in-house modified red wing postmans.

All black deck shoes, or what looked to be.. with the white socks piled up, looked cool.

look dooown...

Last edited:

R300

Reaction score
True, just really like the look of them, as I do with a lot of the stuff Ervell puts out. They actually look like black sperry's.. I'll search the site..

were the white pants from this show ever put out aswell?

Last edited:

R300

Reaction score
found the shoes by the way: for anyone who was also interested in them (probably just me though), sperry topsider razorfish.

@tooth, no they weren't ever put out into production? sexy trousers..

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2014 shoes were Red Wing Postman shoes with window seal rubber nailed around the sole. They looked good at a distant but I wonder how they looked up close, shape was really nice.

Last edited:

whyme?

Reaction score
are the postmans as glossy as they appear in stock photos? always turned me off.. otherwise a nice looking shoe.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What turns me off is how they age.

I feel the same way. I actually really like the way Solovair Gibsons look with the Ervell aesthetic, especially if they have a commando sole. They age well...

The first two are pics I posted a while back as I received the wrong size and had to sell... The second are a pair that I have in my crosshairs...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads