• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Hotel Guy

Reaction score

Anyone watch UFC 149? I missed it, but heard it was one of the worst UFC PPVs ever. Looks like the UFC is having a few too many events.

Yea I bought it, wasnt the best card ever but definitely wasnt the worst. A few fights were boring but what can you do. There is a larger problem that the last posted put very well, and that will need to be addressed very soon. Also, the reffing was awful on that card. Bad positioning, bad time outs, lots of stalling, and late stoppages.

hrb

Reaction score
i dl'd it last night. aside from the riddle fight, (to be clear i didn't watch the under card/facebook fights), the entire card was really disappointing. hector lombard especially. the highlight was the new ring girl in the middle.

Hotel Guy

Reaction score

i dl'd it last night. aside from the riddle fight, (to be clear i didn't watch the under card/facebook fights), the entire card was really disappointing. hector lombard especially. the highlight was the new ring girl in the middle.

thats logan stanton and shes not new she was around a couple years ago and is back (and apparently sporting a new boob job!)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dana White has announced that the winner of this Saturday's Shogun-Vera fight will get the next LHW title shot. Truly a WTF? moment.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is a WTF!?!

Anderson doesn't need to fight Jones. There's no real win for either of them. If Anderson wins has nothing and makes Jones look stupid. If Jones wins he dethrones the best fighter in the world right now and proves that Anderson shouldn't have changed weight classes.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you don`t like champs fighting the best in the world? Anderson has already beaten a former champ in LHW. I hate when fights happen when fighters are wayy past their prime

hrb

Reaction score
Is that confirmed that the winner of shogun and vera gets a title shot? if so, that is absolutely ridiculous. don't see jones fighting silva, for the aforementioned reasons. Would put money on JJ moving up to heavy weight in 2013. boetsch, stann, and possibly lombard (if he gets his ish together, looked horrendous last fight) as the next three possibilities. I would like to see Stann and Silva go at it next, personally. purely for entertainment value.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is a WTF!?!
Anderson doesn't need to fight Jones. There's no real win for either of them. If Anderson wins has nothing and makes Jones look stupid. If Jones wins he dethrones the best fighter in the world right now and proves that Anderson shouldn't have changed weight classes.

Dethroning the best fighter in the world is nothing?

And for Anderson, people can say Jones is new and green all they want, but he's already been on a massive streak and itll likely continue for the foreseeable future, making him soon to be in the discussion for "greatest", Anderson beating him right now would be huge as far as his legacy.

Now if they truely like eachother that much or if Anderson isnt comfortable moving up, thats fine. But to say there'd be nothing to gain isnt. Itd likely be the top fight ever.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is that confirmed that the winner of shogun and vera gets a title shot?

Nothing's confirmed until the contracts are offered and signed. What Dana meant, but could not say, is "Shogun gets the title shot if he wins impressively." Shogun fighting for the title after a win is a no-brainer if Henderson wins and somewhat defensible if Jones wins. (Cain Velasquez is getting a rematch with JDS after one dominating win.) I would prefer to see the next title shot go to Alexander Gustafsson, or have somebody beat Gustafsson to get the shot.

WTF indeed.
Anderson needs to fight Jones and stop being "friends" with him.

I don't want to see this fight either. Jones is too big and has too much wrestling.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nothing's confirmed until the contracts are offered and signed. What Dana meant, but could not say, is "Shogun gets the title shot if he wins impressively." Shogun fighting for the title after a win is a no-brainer if Henderson wins and somewhat defensible if Jones wins. (Cain Velasquez is getting a rematch with JDS after one dominating win.) I would prefer to see the next title shot go to Alexander Gustafsson, or have somebody beat Gustafsson to get the shot.
I don't want to see this fight either. Jones is too big and has too much wrestling.

Then GSP shouldn`t fight Silva either since Anderson`s "too big" for him?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Then GSP shouldn`t fight Silva either since Anderson`s "too big" for him?

I don't want to see GSP-Silva either, particularly where GSP has plenty of worthy challengers at WW.

The one "superfight" we've seen in recent years is GSP-Penn II, which wasn't all that interesting.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Nick just called out Anderson and guaranteed those two will stand up so that may be more appealing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics