• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my 1967 505's in the mail; the fit is perfect. Nice full rise, tight thigh, slight taper. I really want a pair of the 1954 501's, but Cult does not have a 28.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Good news for LVC fans.

There has been a reorganisation within Levi's, so LVC will be run as part of a new, smaller upmarket group, run from Europe. THis is the gen from a friend & LVC freak within the company. He says they've jjust finished selling the new range in. I won't be able to chase up more details until September but will follow up when I can. Please feel free to cross-post this at sufu, I've locked myself out there so I can get on with my day job.

I've seen a beautiful sample of the Cone cotton duck selvage fabric recently, this is being used on the new version of the 1873 duck pants, always a real unsung classic of the range.

Quote follows: "A quick outline of LVC organization too... the news is good.

LVC is now being looked after by the "˜Levi'sXX' team out of Amsterdam. They have taken the best designers from Brussels and built a team that is 100% dedicated to Levi's premium product - LVC and another range that I haven't seen yet. In this way they have taken what was a very small part of the big Levi's business and made it the focus of one small business. The product should now be global with the same range available across the world (inc. Japan).

As far as I can tell this should allow for better attention to detail with less pressure to cut corners (not that they did before, though it was a very small part of the bigger business). The people in the team are seriously enthusiastic about the product and process, vehemently defending any challenges to their baby, and are constantly searching out newer examples of original vintage Levi's product - their latest being a red, full placket sunset shirt from the 1910s picked up in a store in Japan that they have reproduced for SS2010.

The line for SS2010 is fantastic...

No new news but a return for the 1873 duck canvas and closed front jumper. The 1879 spring-bottom pant is in there. 2 really beautiful half placket sunset workshirts and a few fifties and sixties shirts too.

Those 1920s chinos are coming back and a leather jacket from the 30s."

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The 1947 > all other models.

Agreed, Robin. My '47s at just under 7 months. Initial soak. One cold wash.

3822251410_2ae2c0942d.jpg

3822251402_35c5550d51.jpg

3822251398_f07573a3e7.jpg

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sayocean
^ what size did you get for the 505s?

Sorry for such a late response, I order size 30 which is my true waist size; I'd reccomend others to do the same.

-Ben

Shorty Long

Reaction score
Nice jacket. Did purchase it new or used?

Originally Posted by happy hooligan
Well this isn't exactly an LVC as it's just an Levi's..

It's my Big E early type 3 jacket...

DSC05403.jpg

It's "JACKET WEEK" all week on my blog so I thought I'd start it off with my Big E Levi's...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics