• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I could be wrong. I know they replaced a fly button for me on another pair for only $8.

And the do it while you wait convenience is awesome. So glad to save the return trip.

PootyTang

Reaction score
Where should I go to pick up my next pair of jeans? I’m kinda out of the loop. I have ordered my last few pairs online.

I’m looking for something with a large selection. Salespeople who know what they’re talking about. I’m also looking for more modern cut type denim - less the workwear vibe.

I live in Echo Park but I work on Fairfax and I’m willing to go wherever. Thanks.

PootyTang

Reaction score
Where should I go to pick up my next pair of jeans? I’m kinda out of the loop. I have ordered my last few pairs online.

I’m looking for something with a large selection. Salespeople who know what they’re talking about. I’m also looking for more modern cut type denim - less the workwear vibe.

I live in Echo Park but I work on Fairfax and I’m willing to go wherever. Thanks.

Wanted to bump this question. Any recommendations?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Maybe try Self Edge on La Brea?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barneys has a decent selection, or at least they used to. The salespeople have no idea what they are talking about though. I'm not sure if Scott still works there but that guy knew his jeans. You can get more modern cuts at Self Edge and they do know what they are talking about. RRL on melrose maybe? Some cuts are a bit slimmer and it's just a cool store to check out.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a hip, yet classy upscale restaurant in the West Beverly Hills area near Westheimer/UCLA? I'll be doing a business dinner with some advertising folks, so it doesn't need to be buttoned up, but in my experience, the area is too casual. The diners lean toward the healthy side, but are not overly strict.

(When I'm in LA I usually hit up the sushi joints, such as Mori, Shunji, and Zo, but I think that'd be too sushi-focused for this sort of group.)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Westheimer? Personally I would go to Cut or Spago a little east of there.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Jet’s suggestions are solid but I’d also throw in Hinoki and the Bird in Century City if you’re going for “hip”. People also seem to like Craft in Century, although every meal I’ve had there has been fine-but-not-great.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tumblr_p0esvsIp1X1qa2j8co1_1280.png

The PTO Holiday Market is Sunday on MacArthur Park. Would love to have some StyleForum folks stop by. Buy something and tell me you're from SF and I'll give you a free Put This On DVD. We'll have tons of vintage stuff of all kinds, a super deal on our pocket squares, a lot of Japanese magazines and beautiful fashion books, absolutely gobs of cufflinks and whatnots.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by a new coffee spot in Little Tokyo called "Bae". Reminds of the ill-named "ROFL Cafe" that was on Melrose. What's next, #SquadGoals Bistro?

Anyone grab a reso at Majordomo?

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, this thread fell by the wayside

Anyway, I haven't been to South Willard in a minute because I hate parking on 3rd St. The website doesn't have any clothes available - did SW stop selling clothes/only sell ceramic things now?

slvth

Reaction score
Wow, this thread fell by the wayside

Anyway, I haven't been to South Willard in a minute because I hate parking on 3rd St. The website doesn't have any clothes available - did SW stop selling clothes/only sell ceramic things now?
They haven’t sold clothes for some time now. They also just moved to Chinatown and the new space is set up much more like a gallery than a shop. Still worth checking out though! Pop into Building Block, Olga Booga, and Burgerlords while you’re over there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for sushi omakase on a sunday or monday night? I know these are the off nights, so am disappointed that the likes of zo and shunji are closed. i like the premium experience, since on the east-coast we really do not have access to such japanese splendor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads