• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official John Elliott B&S&T thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling - parachute jacket in Alpine medium - BNWT

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk or call anyone out in this post, but I've noticed a lot of people wtb items and when links are posted they say that they are looking for a bargain. I think it would be appreciated that if that is your intent please post that as part of your post.

I think a lot of people still use this thread as a way to find items that are hard to come by and looking for help tracking the items down. I always assume if you wtb something you just need some help tracking an item down.

Words of wisdom regarding finding sales and bargain prices for in season items. It's generally pretty hard. Your best bet is to utilize some of the first time purchasing promos. Sign up for Ebates and the honey chrome extensions. Otherwise sign up for emails to retailers that sell JE, so you get notified of when they have sales. Also some of the more expensive pieces make it to sale season if you can wait. Or people end up selling them after the season is over. Another great source of info is the sales thread on SF. Just look for retailers that sell JE. All the stockists are listed on the JE site.

Sorry if this came off as being a jerk, that was not my intent. I'm just trying to be as helpful to the people on the thread as possible.

kitmonroe

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk or call anyone out in this post, but I've noticed a lot of people wtb items and when links are posted they say that they are looking for a bargain. I think it would be appreciated that if that is your intent please post that as part of your post.

I think a lot of people still use this thread as a way to find items that are hard to come by and looking for help tracking the items down. I always assume if you wtb something you just need some help tracking an item down.

Words of wisdom regarding finding sales and bargain prices for in season items. It's generally pretty hard. Your best bet is to utilize some of the first time purchasing promos. Sign up for Ebates and the honey chrome extensions. Otherwise sign up for emails to retailers that sell JE, so you get notified of when they have sales. Also some of the more expensive pieces make it to sale season if you can wait. Or people end up selling them after the season is over. Another great source of info is the sales thread on SF. Just look for retailers that sell JE. All the stockists are listed on the JE site.

Sorry if this came off as being a jerk, that was not my intent. I'm just trying to be as helpful to the people on the thread as possible.

My bad @nsubrmnn . I'll definitely be mindful of that next time and be more specific in future posts. I understand people aren't selling items from this current season yet. Sorry for irking you enough you had to make a post about it. Your help was still appreciated regardless.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My bad @nsubrmnn
. I'll definitely be mindful of that next time and be more specific in future posts. I understand people aren't selling items from this current season yet. Sorry for irking you enough you had to make a post about it. Your help was still appreciated regardless. 

It's good, it's not you. Just had me thinking. If I know you're looking for something on sale it's way easier to be helpful knowing that because I can check certain places.

There were some great sales last week. Lots of friends and family sales. Sometimes you just have to be on the email lists. One thing, Need supply is always your friend, they don't get everything but they get a lot. I'd suggest checking out their sf forum.

The more I know and the more the thread knows, the more helpful we can be.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My bad @nsubrmnn
. I'll definitely be mindful of that next time and be more specific in future posts. I understand people aren't selling items from this current season yet. Sorry for irking you enough you had to make a post about it. Your help was still appreciated regardless. 

Btw farfetch has a code where you can get 10% off your first order

kitmonroe

Reaction score
It's good, it's not you. Just had me thinking. If I know you're looking for something on sale it's way easier to be helpful knowing that because I can check certain places.

There were some great sales last week. Lots of friends and family sales. Sometimes you just have to be on the email lists. One thing, Need supply is always your friend, they don't get everything but they get a lot. I'd suggest checking out their sf forum.

The more I know and the more the thread knows, the more helpful we can be.

For sure. Again, I'll keep that in mind and my apologies.

The NeedSupply sale was pretty nice. I almost pulled the trigger on the saguaro anti-expo tee.

I'll definitely consider the natural raschel tee on farfetch! The 10% sure is nice. Thanks again for that!

rbroseph

Reaction score
@nsubrmnn this thread is for individuals who are looking to buy/sell/trade with other individuals, not stockists; it's the first post on this thread. It's pretty easy to tell people are trying to get JE stuff at a cheaper price on here. They would post it on the official thread otherwise. No offence

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@nsubrmnn this thread is for individuals who are looking to buy/sell/trade with other individuals, not stockists; it's the first post on this thread. It's pretty easy to tell people are trying to get JE stuff at a cheaper price on here. They would post it on the official thread otherwise. No offence

I'll keep that in mind

ZanderRosen

Reaction score

I'll keep that in mind

The people asking to buy **** on here either A) should be using Grailed or B) have already been kicked off Grailed for trying to backdoor purchases or C) have posted on the JE affiliate thread looking for the same elusive deals. I've sold plenty of past items on here via PM but I'm not wheeling and dealing - the price ain't right, Bob.

All @nsub is saying is that he links people to places constantly that are either not used due to expense or people just aren't being explicit about what they are looking for (~50% off). Sales season is sales season. Just wait. Nobody is selling Sail Jackets for $385 - just the facts.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure if you were around or remember the discussions regarding this thread on the main forum. @cyc wid it happily obliged to create a forum for us to keep the main thread from being clogged with posts regarding finding items or selling them. I still think that, that should be the primary use of this thread, so the official thread is just utilized for discussions of the brand, fits, etc.

When I think of the B in BST I think, buying, and by this I think by any means necessary. If something is a "grail" to you or rather me, I want all my options (stockists, resellers, etc.). I didn't think the B stood for bargain, but if that is the impression everyone gets from the thread then that's fine. I'll happily stop posting items at stockists, if that's what the group wants. it's a time suck for me to track some of these items down.

Enexde96

Reaction score
selling these *****:

ls classic curve - pink - 1/s - 95 - nwt
mr porter black denim - 29 - 380 - nwt
black slides - eu44/us11 - 160 - new in box
loopwheel villain - grey - 2/m - 170 - worn 1x not washed

denex on grailed for pics. Shipping is $5. apple pie only thx

Last edited:

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
nooo... some prices are high because you're a douche that resells JE. You got sizes ranging from M-XXL. Also, 4 bogotas for sale? GTFO!

Hahaha most of that clown's pics are also product pics. At least show us that you have the items at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics