• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs purp and I had a little hockey watch party tonight. Was great fun with some good food and tense moments.

Going to start doing these often.

Keyser_Söze

Reaction score
Bresca is meaningfully better than centrolina (although the latter would probably claim a more casual atmosphere. Agree on 2Amy’s and feel its underrated by too many washingtonians looking for edgier.
If neapolitan isn't your thing then 2Amy's is good but nothing great as far as pizza goes.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Italian, my Italian friends always liked San Lorenzo. They absolutely refuse to go to Filomena with me haha.

Centrolina is a go to as well.

For pizza, 2 Amy’s is the gold standard in DC.

I always wanted to go to Del mare.
For Italian, Caruso's Grocery is my favorite but definitely want to try San Lorenzo.

trafficjam

Reaction score
The pricing is a bit rough for Fiola Mare, for my taste.

They're putting themselves in the range of Jont, without the stars to back it up. Don't get me wrong....FM is absolutely lovely. But they're a little big for their britches for that event. Maybe Fabio is trying to bring in some extra income after losing his restaurant in his hometown of all places. /shrug
Isn't this Fabio's whole thing?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I cannot wait for that.

Start doing in home parties now, load up on bespoke & then when you add a third, you’ll just reallocate those resources.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been to 2Amys because it is so far out of the way from where I live with no car (Adams Morgan). Any thoughts on how Pizzeria Paradiso (much closer to me) compares?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been to 2Amys because it is so far out of the way from where I live with no car (Adams Morgan). Any thoughts on how Pizzeria Paradiso (much closer to me) compares?
A) Go to 2Amys. It's a D.C. institution. Lots of great side dishes. B) A local alternative for you is Etto. Some of the same ownership and also does lots of great side dishes.

I'll put in my personal plug for Etto, because it was started by two of my good friends, Tad and Dave. They also started Garden District. Tad was, essentially, the protege of Peter, who owns 2 Amys. He worked at 2Amys and went on to open Etto with Dave, Peter, and one of the Amys. Tad passed away about five years ago, and Peter has pretty much left as well. However, Etto is still going strong. The dough at Etto is a bit different than at 2Amys, so I think it's fun to compare them.

The first chef at Etto left and opened up Green Almond Pantry in Georgetown. I honestly think Green Almond Pantry is dollar-for-dollar one of the best eats in the city.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d go to pupatella over pizza paradiso in DuPont (both in DuPont).

Yes, totally agree, 2 Amy’s is out of the way: for city dwellers, who goes out that far? For suburban folk, it’s still in the city.

Unless you live in that part of town (most people don’t - it’s like suburbs in the city).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads