• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kirby Allison is going to buy this fabric because of quality, craftsmanship, and tradition!
But then he’d look less like a funeral home director. Can’t have that! Plus, I’m not sure that fabric would go with his black cap toe oxfords he has from countless bespoke shoe makers

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, I thought you were done buying cloth!?!?
Fox Bros and Top Shelf Apparel are the last vendor email lists I'm still on so I saw it go by. Just had a pile of stuff go live on LuxeSwap last night and another box gets shipped tomorrow!

Will likely do one more tailoring cull but still looking forward to getting new sport coat made in June! I do still log in to NMWA Thursday afternoons to catch the latest drops just in case...

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox Bros and Top Shelf Apparel are the last vendor email lists I'm still on. Just had a pile of stuff go live on LuxeSwap last night and another box gets shipped tomorrow!

Will likely do one more tailoring cull but still looking forward to getting sport coat made in June! I do still log in to NMWA Thursday afternoons to catch the latest drops just in case...
How do you like luxeswap? I need to get rid of stuff (my shoes are staying). But I have so many ties I’d like to get rid of.

My issue is he takes a lot of the profit & nmwa would make sense if I wanted something from nmwa. Maybe I could put the credit here on styleforum and take 10% off or something like that.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like luxeswap? I need to get rid of stuff (my shoes are staying). But I have so many ties I’d like to get rid of.

My issue is he takes a lot of the profit & nmwa would make sense if I wanted something from nmwa. Maybe I could put the credit here on styleforum and take 10% off or something like that.
I gave up expecting any real money for clothes a long time ago. I used to just send stuff to Goodwill and take the deduction before the tax laws changed.

I think Spoo's rates are fair and the Carnival-like atmosphere is fun. I also (naively, maybe) assume the stuff gets bought by other menswear-dudes. You could try Ownly Luxury (former sponsor here I think) or Tailored Consignment.

Last edited:

EzraPaul

Reaction score
Hello fellow DMV folk, I logged in because I was tagged in a post that apparently was deleted (thanks to @smittycl for protecting me from cyber doom). Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the early summer! I dusted off a sage linen/wool/silk (Barbera) suit today - over a month before Memorial Day, probably a new record...

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow DMV folk, I logged in because I was tagged in a post that apparently was deleted (thanks to @smittycl for protecting me from cyber doom). Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the early summer! I dusted off a sage linen/wool/silk (Barbera) suit today - over a month before Memorial Day, probably a new record...

That sounds lovely and right up my alley! Any pics?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave up expecting any real money for clothes a long time ago. I used to just send stuff to Goodwill and take the deduction before the tax laws changed.

I think Spoo's rates are fair and the Carnival-like atmosphere is fun. I also (naively, maybe) assume the stuff gets bought by other menswear-dudes. You could try Ownly Luxury (former sponsor here I think) or Tailored Consignment.
Fair enough. i also think listing things is a pain in the butt.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Are you an Anglophile? A wannabe Royalist? Maybe you simply have large, forward facing ears, a pampered life, lots of servants, and a rather incestuous family history? If so, this fabric is for you!"

Actually, it's a nice fabric. :-D
I saw that mailer and thought of you. It’s a decent looking fabric. But hard to think about something that weight when it’s near 90 outside and the local plants are trying to kill me.
Oooh... a DC thread!

I'm currently planning a move to the area and looking for sponsorship employment. Does anybody know of any British companies with offices/presence in the DMV area?

This is a very serious request and prepared to move my whole life over after 30 years in England. So if anyone can help, I'd be eternily greatful.

I'll share some pics of a recent trip. I've been 3 times this year and gearing up to get back there on the 4th May.

View attachment 1943807 View attachment 1943809 View attachment 1943811 View attachment 1943813

Wow. Not sure what happened to rest of my post.

Like smitty, I’m of little help on the employment front. But would love drinks or a get together when you settled.

Last edited:

EzraPaul

Reaction score
That sounds lovely and right up my alley! Any pics?

It's a good reminder that I need to clean the mirror. I bought the entire roll and I think I have a enough remaining for a suit or two.

Attachments

• GREEN2.jpg
    GREEN2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 29
  • GREEN3.jpg
    GREEN3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 39
  • GREEN1 - Copy.jpg
    GREEN1 - Copy.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 66

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that mailer and thought of you. It’s a decent looking fabric. But hard to think about something that weight when it’s near 90 outside and the local plants are trying to kill me.
Just knocked out a long bike ride sneezing the entire way. Had to hose off my bike as it turned yellow.

EzraPaul

Reaction score
I've been biking all week as well, other than yesterday thanks to a particularly poorly placed DC pothole. It's amazing how much pollen accumulates on my bike during the course of the day. As long as I wash my face after riding, my allergies are somewhat manageable, but it definitely puts a damper on what otherwise would be a fantastic season in DC.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and pointers so far, lads!

I have to ask… though I understand ‘Jumbo Slice’ I still can’t understand why it’s the size of a normal pizza box.

1B28461E-B948-4E41-9A19-75F194D1EA8A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member