• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered switching to GS just so that I can get a discount at ANCC. I'm sure it's still a hefty chunk of change, though.

anaxagoras

Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered switching to GS just so that I can get a discount at ANCC. I'm sure it's still a hefty chunk of change, though.

Have you noticed a link between your moniker and absinthe, a recent topic here? (meant both seriously and as a joke)

anaxagoras

Reaction score
No, but I'm usually slow on the uptake. What did I miss this time?

I did not mean that you were slow on the uptake! I’ve never seen it mentioned by anyone, but it’s actually blindingly explicit once you see it. (spaceman spiff and all his adventures are absinthe hallucinations, and Waterson put in lots of hints)

I’m happy to tell you, but you will kick yourself— let me know if you want the answer now or treat it as a riddle. ;-)

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take out
IMG_0220.jpeg
IMG_0219.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not mean that you were slow on the uptake! I’ve never seen it mentioned by anyone, but it’s actually blindingly explicit once you see it. (spaceman spiff and all his adventures are absinthe hallucinations, and Waterson put in lots of hints)

I’m happy to tell you, but you will kick yourself— let me know if you want the answer now or treat it as a riddle. ;-)
Now I'm intrigued. I love Calvin & Hobbes. Please go on!

anaxagoras

Reaction score
Yep I had no idea. This has been my moniker for 20+ years now and never really thought about it. 🤣
Lot of Easter eggs in that strip. It’s an
important body of work, as is reflected in his refusal to do any marketing with the characters. Turned down what was certainly tens, and might even have been hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, final closet cleaning after apartment move. Package for LuxeSwap includes Oxxford, Kent Wang, Paul Stuart, a Basquiat sweatshirt, and ties from Drake's, Isaia, F. Marino, Bigi, and Zegna.

Wifey and I got our basically final (if such a thing really exists) apartment setup complete.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, final closet cleaning after apartment move. Package for LuxeSwap includes Oxxford, Kent Wang, Paul Stuart, a Basquiat sweatshirt, and ties from Drake's, Isaia, F. Marino, Bigi, and Zegna.

Wifey and I got our basically final (if such a thing really exists) apartment setup complete.
Any Kent Wang Squares per chance? There are two or three that I have had my eyes on.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any Kent Wang Squares per chance? There are two or three that I have had my eyes on.
Nah, a brown herringbone sport coat in a Zegna Wool-silk-cash fabric. Just wasn't wearing it anymore.

Last edited:

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which Drakes ties are you about to ship?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which Drakes ties are you about to ship?
Just one this time. A purple medallion tie I just wasn't wearing. Should list as LNWOT and the feeding frenzy for Drake's at LuxeSwap is always fun to watch. I'd post a pic but I already sealed and addressed the box.

bobbers

Reaction score
Im worried of getting something impractical that is cool looking but won’t get much use. What do you all prefer? If you have photos please share.
This weekend I was cleaning out my closet, replacing fall/winter stuff with spring/summer stuff, when I remembered this question. Here are three jackets which I thought would be super cool but haven't worn much. Due to weight fluctuations, the first two are a little big on me which is another reason I haven't worn them lot. The Samuelsohn trousers are baggier than I remember.

First, a fall weight jacket.
j1.JPG

Second, a lightweight cashmere jacket.
j2.JPG

Third, this is an orphan jacket I picked up for cheap that I haven't worn yet; needs sleeves altered. I'm going to try to get roughly matching pants; to the non-SF world, I don't think they'd notice if the fabrics are slightly off.

j3.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member