• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Kevin24

Reaction score
If anyone does I'm guessing these guys do. They also pick up and deliver in Arlington.

Thanks, Smitty!

bobbers

Reaction score
If anyone does I'm guessing these guys do. They also pick up and deliver in Arlington.

Speaking of Parkway, they have a promo going on right now. I was notified by email and regular mail about the offer below.

However, I'm ready to find someone else due to the cost. Last month, it was a little over $80 to dryclean an overcoat. Are there any recommendations on the second best dry cleaner in the area that is in or serves Arlington?

parkway.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Parkway, they have a promo going on right now. I was notified by email and regular mail about the offer below.

However, I'm ready to find someone else due to the cost. Last month, it was a little over $80 to dryclean an overcoat. Are there any recommendations on the second best dry cleaner in the area that is in or serves Arlington?

View attachment 1899893

How much is parkway to clean a pair of trousers these days? I don’t like them, simply because of no pricing transparency. What got me was when I sent in a kiton jacket to get cleaned & they charged me over 100, yet for a zegna they charged 50. When I asked what the difference was that they did, they said there was no difference. I just avoid dry cleaning if I can now.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much is parkway to clean a pair of trousers these days? I don’t like them, simply because of no pricing transparency. What got me was when I sent in a kiton jacket to get cleaned & they charged me over 100, yet for a zegna they charged 50. When I asked what the difference was that they did, they said there was no difference. I just avoid dry cleaning if I can now.
I’ve used them for specialty stuff liking getting out musty odors or serious stains. Have lots of Kiton, Isaia, Oxxford and such and have no issues with regular dry cleaners.

I only send them in sparingly if at all.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve used them for specialty stuff liking getting out musty odors or serious stains. Have lots of Kiton, Isaia, Oxxford and such and have no issues with regular dry cleaners.

I only send them in sparingly if at all.
my issue was their lack of price transparency (Parkways). The price discrimination based off the brand was off putting to me. The issue isn’t with their quality or even service. And thus practice may have changed in the past few years because I haven’t used them in years

do you use parkway or regular dry cleaners? its Unclear from the way you worded it.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my issue was their lack of price transparency (Parkways). The price discrimination based off the brand was off putting to me. The issue isn’t with their quality or even service. And thus practice may have changed in the past few years because I haven’t used them in years

do you use parkway or regular dry cleaners? its Unclear from the way you worded it.
Oh interesting, I do get charged less for my bespoke stuff that doesn’t have tags. I never picked up on the price differential stuff for different brands until you mentioned it.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh interesting, I do get charged less for my bespoke stuff that doesn’t have tags. I never picked up on the price differential stuff for different brands until you mentioned it.

yes, I didn’t notice it either for years, then the Jacket came back close to or 3 figures to clean. and I went to investigate. i even tried bringing it into their shop hoping they’d give me a better price (no delivery). But alas, no dice on that one either.

I always did wonder what they’d do if I sent bespoke stuff, but didn’t want to risk it. I have 2 pairs of cotton stoffa trousers that needs cleaning. I’m thinking I’ll do an experiment though Comparing parkway to a local ordinary dry cleaner. Perhaps I should take photos and post it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, just for special cases. I use a local place in Arlington for normal cleaning.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same,

I use the Sun Deli Market in Courthouse.

The owners are friendly and the prices are reasonable, but it's an old-school Korean place that only takes cash.
I use Dryy Drop as they pick up and deliver to lockers in our building. Have also used Gallery Cleaners in Courthouse and both my wife and use Millie's (Langston Blvd. and Glebe Road) for alterations and cleaning sometimes. She does really good alterations work for casual clothes for me. Tailoring goes to Geoffrey Lewis in DC.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Broke out an unlined Canali summer suit yesterday and back in flannel today as cooler weather approaches.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have always wanted a green glen plaid sport coat. Hard to find one without annoying overplaid grid. What do you guys think of this? My fabric mojo is weak, is 400/430G, 14/15OZ weight too heavy?

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broke out an unlined Canali summer suit yesterday and back in flannel today as cooler weather approaches.

If I had been in the office I would have gone something more springy for sure. This is a frustrating time because you have one foot in each season still. Most of my spring/summer odd coats and linen suits tops are at the tailors until next week.
Have always wanted a green glen plaid sport coat. Hard to find one without annoying overplaid grid. What do you guys think of this? My fabric mojo is weak, is 400/430G, 14/15OZ weight too heavy?

I have something similar but with a faint red burgundy overcheck. I love mine. Ill get you a picture later. I use it for fall/winter/spring mostly. What seasons and temperatures are you looking to use yours in? That seems fairly heavy.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had been in the office I would have gone something more springy for sure. This is a frustrating time because you have one foot in each season still. Most of my spring/summer odd coats and linen suits tops are at the tailors until next week.

I have something similar but with a faint red burgundy overcheck. I love mine. Ill get you a picture later. I use it for fall/winter/spring mostly. What seasons and temperatures are you looking to use yours in? That seems fairly heavy.
Definitely for cooler weather. Fall-early Spring.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanjida191