• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Hair Thread

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you use pomade on very short hair?
My buzz cut ends up looking cluttered, weird, and like a porcupine when I don't use anything, but I'm
considering using some Billy Jealousy pomade that I got recently on it.

I am planning to grow it out, but that's going to take a while, which sucks, but that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Savile Row

Reaction score
What kind of hair do you think is suitable for my face?You can see my face on the avatar.
Old sport, is the refined gentleman a rarity?
Choose no facial hair.
You don't want to grow facial hair anymore than you would want to wear a beer-stained, wife-beater t-shirt.
Prefer to be well groomed, and that includes shaving your chin, thinning your eyebrows, and removing unsightly hair from the nostrils and ears.

Ciao !

.Kurtz.

Reaction score
I shampoo every day with anti-dandruff for oily hair product (two applications). Sometimes twice a day (I take a shower every morning but, sometimes, I take another one after work if I feel like going out and feel somewhat dirty; I always shampoo when taking a shower). I comb my hair while wet and use a hairdryer to fix the hairstyle (similar to my avatar; bridging the distances :p; only with some -hereditary- temples' receding hairline which I proudly display; irreprochable thickness otherwise) and, frequently, a small portion of American Crew Soft Light Hold Styling Cream (great product with regard to not looking too glued nor brilliant/greasy).

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any suggested hair styles for long curly/wavy hair? it is defienitely curly when wet (after i wash it) but after drying and the effect of gravity, it is more wavy along with curly. i havent cut my hair in about 9 months and it is starting to get messy. there doesn't seem to be too many curly hairstyles in this thread

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any suggested hair styles for long curly/wavy hair? it is defienitely curly when wet (after i wash it) but after drying and the effect of gravity, it is more wavy along with curly. i havent cut my hair in about 9 months and it is starting to get messy. there doesn't seem to be too many curly hairstyles in this thread

I think we have similar hair, I have not cut mine for about six months if I remember correctly. I am currently just applying a stay in conditioner and pushing my hair back. I think within two months I should have something that I like.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i recall you posted in the sns thread when i was looking to buy a stark. my hair curls are a bit larger than yours, they are about 1 to 1.5 inches in diamter when roughly measured. the hair will turn wavy once they get longer i thinks.

now that my hair has gotten longer, either i cut it or use some hair care products to keep it in check, really disliking the birds nest kind of look right now, never grown my hair out before this was more of an experiement than anything, any advice?

Last edited:

mayborne

Reaction score
sure but there won't be much up top yet. i have one as well. i think mine will look good in a month or so. i wear it high atm..

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i recall you posted in the sns thread when i was looking to buy a stark. my hair curls are a bit larger than yours, they are about 1 to 1.5 inches in diamter when roughly measured. the hair will turn wavy once they get longer i thinks.
now that my hair has gotten longer, either i cut it or use some hair care products to keep it in check, really disliking the birds nest kind of look right now, never grown my hair out before this was more of an experiement than anything, any advice?

Are you referring to that picture?

So you are saying that my hair will get wavy or that your hair will?

I would suggest pm willpower, he gave me some advice and is knowledgeable about hair care.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was referring to my hair

i sent him a pm, he hasnt been online in a while

what hair products do you use? you said you used a leave-in conditioner

i mainly wash my hair only with conditioner now.

ronaldo23

Reaction score
hey guys, i have really coarse and thick hair when it gets longer, so i try to keep it short. Not really nappy but gets somewhat curly when long, but when short its just slightly wavy and smoother.

I was thinking something like a neil patrick harris hairstyle would work well with my hair type? Any opinions?

also what is this kind of haircut called- how would I explain to the hairdresser the kind of haircut I want. Just show a picture?

http://s1.tvequals.com/tv/img/cbs/barney_stinson1.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llju8uVd7y1qa8uyj.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads