• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put me in the "overwhelmed with too much still to use" group.

I don't see why we'd kill this thread because it's been a bit slow lately.

BillyD

Reaction score
are there any alternative boards, groups etc for splitting?
there is BN but they only allow 50ml with at least a 250ml bottle

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Because its not being served its purpose. Nobody comes in H&B looking to buy. Lets face it guys, its been dead since the switch.

Well, I can't speak for everyone but I can say that I've more or less hit a saturation level where I don't have any more needs at the moment. For me, at least, it's a normal part of the binge/satiation process. FWIW, I'll likely take you up on the L'Homme Sage but would prefer to work out a trade than a purchase. I think the holidays also have a dampening effect on demand, since everyone knows that they're going to be splashing out $$ soon.

I mean, when I pull open a drawer and wonder, what IS all this crap?...It's a big deterrent to buying more.

splitspray

Reaction score
I was using this thread, and will miss it

A single thread on this site that did fragrance splits/swaps/sales and decants seems like a good idea...

however the people that run this site can of course do what they like...

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe we could make this into a "discussion thread" with links to the actual splits in FS:Other?

That sound like a really good idea. Without something like that, I can't see very many splits being completed in B&S. Seems like everything will drop to the bottom before they fill up.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sound like a really good idea. Without something like that, I can't see very many splits being completed in B&S. Seems like everything will drop to the bottom before they fill up.

+1, it'll also make it easier to track ongoing splits that may have been looked over in earlier pages.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Remember, this whole thing got started in FS: Other and seemed to be working great. Also, with the new B&S, we can have discussions in threads without bumping them.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Remember, this whole thing got started in FS: Other and seemed to be working great. Also, with the new B&S, we can have discussions in threads without bumping them.

I guess I need to check it out. I might have spent a total of 3 minutes in B&S since the change.

BillyD

Reaction score
i´ll do a "little" Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille Split

80ml would be avaible (i´ll buy the 8.4 oz bottle)

10ml = 25$
shipping + decant: 11$
total for 10ml = 36$

pm me who wants some

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

i´ll do a "little" Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille Split
80ml would be avaible (i´ll buy the 8.4 oz bottle)
10ml = 25$
shipping + decant: 11$
total for 10ml = 36$
pm me who wants some

Billy, post it in FS:Other. This thread's moving over to discussion only now.

splitspray

Reaction score
If falkon72 is around and you are still doing Chergui, can you move it over to other thread? I'm still hoping for it to happen...

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If falkon72 is around and you are still doing Chergui, can you move it over to other thread? I'm still hoping for it to happen...

I'm also hoping for Chergui to yet happen.

Also, is there any interest in Malle's Portrait of a Lady? I'd love 30mL of this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads