• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking to buy my first pair of Carmina shoes, but I have narrow feet and getting the right size can be a problem for me. Help would be much appreciated. Here are the shoes I own that fit well:

- Crockett and Jones made Brooks Brothers monks on the 240 last: US size 13 C
- J. Fitzpatrick NGT last: UK 11.5 E
- J. Fitzpatrick MGF last: UK 11.5 D (a little tight in the toe box, but the instep is too big on the E size.
- Allen Edmonds Park Avenue: US 13 C

I'm looking at rounded toe lasts like Forest, Deia, robert, and oscar.

Thanks for the input

Last edited:

vinveritas

Reaction score
Any news on the Buger last? If I'm 8.5 UK for Rain, and 9.0 UK for Simpson, what is my size for the Buger? Thanks.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the Forest last compare with the Uetam? I have a pair of Uetam and I'm trying to order a Forest pair from Carmina USA. I know the Uetam probably has a lower instep, but what about width and length?

Also, the Carmina USA website has the width listed as "EE" for loafers with Forest lasts - is this the standard size for Forest-last loafers, or did they just run out of medium widths?

yellafella321

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking to buy my first pair of Carmina shoes, but I have narrow feet and getting the right size can be a problem for me. Help would be much appreciated. Here are the shoes I own that fit well:

- Crockett and Jones made Brooks Brothers monks on the 240 last: US size 13 C
- J. Fitzpatrick NGT last: UK 11.5 E
- J. Fitzpatrick MGF last: UK 11.5 D (a little tight in the toe box, but the instep is too big on the E size.
- Allen Edmonds Park Avenue: US 13 C

I'm looking at rounded toe lasts like Forest, Deia, robert, and oscar.

Thanks for the input

I have slightly short, and slightly wide feet, but I am consistently sized as a 12 US.

AE 5 last - 12D - OK, not perfect...pinky toes generally hurt a lot at first, but after 10-15 wears the leather stretches and is OK, still can't do extended walking. About .5 - .75" of a v-gap.

AE 5 last - 12E - much more comfortable, just the right width, about .25 - .5" v-gap.

Carmina Forest 11 standard - Perfect. Laces < .25" gap, snug, but not tight on the toes

Fitzpatrick LPB last 11 - great on the toes, a little high on the instep - laces close all the way and is gently snug, but not tight.

Hope this helps

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size recommendations? Particularly Rain last, but advice for any last would be appreciated!

US Brannock: 8.5 D/E
AE 65 Last: 8E fits really well ITO length but could be a bit wider
C&J 348 Last: 7.5E UK fits well, 8E has a bit of heel slip

I am presuming one full size down from US would be ideal, maybe with a wider fit.

I'd be interested in this too.

I'm also 8.5 D/E on the Bannock, and take an 8E in AE 65 last, though in my case width is right on, ball is also good but length in front of toe could be a touch less.

OverlyBullish

Reaction score
Excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong place. Does anyone know whether the official Carmina website does Black Friday deals? Was planning to purchase from there but might wait to see if they have any discounts next week.

quad6

Reaction score
I've been scanning the forums trying to find someone who has both a Rain fitting Carmina shoe and one of the shoes below. No luck yet :(

So far I have:

Looke Bedale Boots (Last Pennine / G Fitting) : 9.5

Grenson Sebastian (Last: 201 / G fitting): 10

Loake Hyde (Last Capital / F Fitting) 9.5

I wish to purchase the Carmina Wholecut Oxfords (910 RAIN).

Looking at the Carmina sizing chart, I think I'm probably a UK10 but it'd be great to hear from anyone who has any of the above...

Last edited:

tonicab

Reaction score
For your information.

I am 9UK uetam last and forest last I am 8,5UK loafer tassel suede and 9UK oxford.

I say it cause I am two diferents sizes in Forest (8,5UK and 9UK).

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been scanning the forums trying to find someone who has both a Rain fitting Carmina shoe and one of the shoes below. No luck yet :(

So far I have:

Looke Bedale Boots (Last Pennine / G Fitting) : 9.5

Grenson Sebastian (Last: 201 / G fitting): 10

Loake Hyde (Last Capital / F Fitting) 9.5

I wish to purchase the Carmina Wholecut Oxfords (910 RAIN).

Looking at the Carmina sizing chart, I think I'm probably a UK10 but it'd be great to hear from anyone who has any of the above...

I have a pair of Loakes on the Capital last in a UK9 and I also have a pair of Carmina balmoral shoes on the Rain last in a UK9.

The fit of the Rain last is less generous than the Loake Capital last, in my experience. Whilst the Rain last does fit me in a UK9, it's taken them quite a few wears to feel comfortable and to give me a little bit of room. If I was to order again, I'd seriously consider going up half-a-size up in the Rain last and ordering a UK9.5.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone help me out with Betty's email address, please?
Would like to get in touch directly regards an open order. Cheers. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads