• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd V

Reaction score
Less deep brown, a bit significantly more reddish than Cigar in my experience.

Last edited:

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you take same size in both?
I wear forest 8.5. I ordered uetem loafer 8.5 and had to return them back for size 8, because of significant heel slip. Loafers need to be bit snug.

Uetem 8 and forest 8.5 in my experience.

Last edited:

decumulate

Reaction score
How much extra toe space do people have on the rain last? I recently bought a pair of 10uk from someone on the forum and they fit well in the forefoot width and acceptable in the heel. I have about 1.2 inches between the end of the shoe and end of my toe. With the chiselled toe, do most people have slightly more toe room or should I try a 9.5 eee through gmto next time?

dresstokill

Reaction score
My new double monks on the Simpson last - very happy with them. I bought them some time ago and at first they were unbearable but very quickly they turned into one of my most comfortable pair. I feel a decent amount of arch support and the leather is nice and supple. Will buy more on the Simpson in the future.

kazedemon

Reaction score
Looking for sizing advice for Detroit last! Am a 7 US on a Brannock device (one foot extends *slightly* further than the 7 mark) and a 7D in Allen Edmonds 5 last (Strand, Park Avenue etc.). Deciding between 6 UK and 6.5 UK for the Detroit last?

Spoon

Reaction score
Potentially could get my first Carmina boot in 8.5uk forest last. I'm a 43 9uk in every Allen Edmonds. 9.5 Barrie last.

Have put a wtb ad for some carminas and got a bite from someone selling 8.5k forest last. They say the toe is generous. Would this be ok for someone who wears a 9.5 USA Barrie last?

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Potentially could get my first Carmina boot in 8.5uk forest last. I'm a 43 9uk in every Allen Edmonds. 9.5 Barrie last.

Have put a wtb ad for some carminas and got a bite from someone selling 8.5k forest last. They say the toe is generous. Would this be ok for someone who wears a 9.5 USA Barrie last?

I doubt it. I wear UK9 Forest Oxfords and Alden Cordovan Tanker boots in US8.5D (Barrie last). Sounds silly, I know. My take, the Barrie is very generous, more so in Shell. You need UK9-9.5 in Forest based on that. Best to try somewhere in person before you waste money.

Last edited:

Spoon

Reaction score
I doubt it. I wear UK9 Forest Oxfords and Alden Cordovan Tanker boots in US8.5D (Barrie last). Sounds silly, I know. My take, the Barrie is very generous, more so in Shell. You need UK9-9.5 in Forest based on that. Best to try somewhere in person before you waste money.

thanks so much for the advice. will look for one thats at least 9uk thanks

carlo

deecee147

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new here, this forum popped up during my search for some new boots - so hi!

I'm after some advice.

I've recently caught the bug of liking nice, well made shoes and boots after I bought a nice pair of Joseph Cheaney Maidstone Brogues for my wedding.

I'm after some Black boots and I was initially looking at the Cheaney Elliot Boot but I've stumbled across the Carmina Balmoral Boot.

I have a slim foot and like how the Cheaney's that I have fit (nice and slim / streamlined). The Cheanye's are an F fitting on last 205. I'm wondering how the Carmina Balmoral's fit and whether they would be similar to the fit that i'm after?

Also, i'm normally a UK9 but the Cheaney's fit best in an UK8.5. Does anyone know if this would be the size to get for the Balmoral's too?

Many thanks guys - great forum!

Cheers,
Darren

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads