• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I'm reading this correctly, the shoe does not fit in length, the instep, or the heel, but does fine in the width. Most people take at least 1 size down from their brannock size. I would try an 11 UK next time, or accept that the last doesn't fit your foot if it is too tight in the width.

You seem happy with the 11.5s, so it really is up to you.
The instep is definitely higher than mine(hence tongue pads, but I use this in many shoes because of my collapsed arches). The length is a hair long. Heel shape and width fits fine, except in depth. I only sized up to accommodate my orthotics. Maybe I should go down next time? Truly though, the width is great, especially in comparison to my AE that fit me well.

What does this mean for me when I wear shoes in the Simpson last? They fit well in store when I wore dress socks, had swollen feet, etc.

Edit: I wore them again and the length is NOT too long. It's just because the topline is lower than those in other shoes so it felt like it was coming up because my orthotics lifted up my foot. All my shoes have the same amount of room in the back and I have never noticed anything wrong with those ones in terms of length.

Last edited:

danielyam

Reaction score
Currently I own a pair of UK 7.5 carmina Simpson, which gives me pinky toe issues on the width. The length is alright.

UK 7.5 on the other hand gave me heel slip issues, as the length seemed a little long.

Should I size down or up for a pair in the forest last?

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Currently I own a pair of UK 7.5 carmina Simpson, which gives me pinky toe issues on the width. The length is alright.

UK 7.5 on the other hand gave me heel slip issues, as the length seemed a little long.

Should I size down or up for a pair in the forest last?

UK7.5 what gave you heel slip?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7.5 E Us Size 65 Last on AE Park Avenue-

Would the rain last 6.5 uk size work? Anyone have a Rain Carmina and also a AE Park Avenue for comparative???

thanks!!!

No, I'd say 7 UK for you.

I wear 7.5EEE in 65 last, and I prefer the Rain in 7.5 UK, though there's the slightest wiggle room. I can wear 7 UK, but not confident it will stretch enough after breaking in.

bespoken4me

Reaction score
Drop 1/2 if you wear a Park Ave in E width. I have owned almost every Carmina last except for Filadephia, Randa, Uetam and Alcudia and am a 13D. I drop 1 size for all save Simpson. The Rain, while touted as "wide" is merely a D width per most AE lasts. The confusion is in the instep which is lower and feels difficult and tight when entering the shoe- preempting "thats what she said".
Since you wear an E, I'd drop a half size. Simpson is a B/C width from my experiences and simply cannot wear.

notjustties

Reaction score
Today I have tried on a Carmina in size UK10 (Forest Last) in the store in Mallora.

So far I am wearing
Vass U 45 (after wearing the shoe twice, i can Almost close the shoe completely)
Meermin Hiro UK10,5 (slightest bit of a heel slip)

However, after trying the Carmina this afternoon, I am not sure anymore if the Vass and the meermin are actually perfectly fitting. Which size would you recommend for
meermin Hiro
Vass U
Vass F?

Pictures
1. Vass U
2. Meermin Hiro

Thanks for any advice!!

Mead

Reaction score
Would a chukka boot in the rain last be true to size?

for reference I am UK7 in CJ 337, US8 in Alden Grant

bespoken4me

Reaction score
Yes, Rain is a true one size down from AE in ALL lasts and as in the 337, a size 7UK will work just fine. If you are told that Rain is "extra wide" as is listed on Carmina's site, that's BS. It is a standard D US width, only caveat that it has a lower instep.

loxo

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a pair of Carmina's boots. I wear a 6.5 in the Rain last and a 6 in the Detroit last. What would the equivalent size be in the Soller last? For reference, I also wear a 6.5D in Alden's Barrie last. I typically size up to a 7.5-8 in US sizes due to a fairly high instep and arch.

palandario

Reaction score
I wear 10 in Soller and Forest, 10.5US in Alden's Barrie.
I know my experience is different from most people, but I had to size up to 10.5 for Carmina's Rain.

spitshine123

Reaction score
Just jumped and got my first pair of Carminas from Sko this week (Black captoe in the Rain Last). Now I am addicted!

I have a higher instep and wider feet and am usually an 8.5E in AE's 5 last. The Rain last Balmoral in 8UK fits me almost perfectly in all regards (great around the toebox, ball of the feet and arch, creasing at the right place and instep is comfortable... it is a tiny touch long and the heel is a little wide). Given that description, what other lasts might fit me? I have read that the Inca is similar with a lower toebox, but when I tried on an inca monk a while back, it seemed too big for me...which was surprising.

Thakns for the recommendations in advance.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Need some sizing advice for the carmina rain last

I am:
11 UK in loake capital
11.5 UK carmina simpson

I also have a low arch and low instep.. The Simpson fits me very snug and well... The loake capital fits me very well but not quite as good as the carmina simpson

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads